Maximize does not fill screen

Shawn

When I try to maximize my browser, it grows to the right
size, but it aligns itself about an inch from the top of
the display so that my desktop is still exposed at the
top and the bottom of the browser is hidden below the
display. This is only happening with my Internet Explorer.

FrankV

Shawn,

I have had the same problem for a couple of months.

I have sent the details (much more than what you said) on many of the
Microsoft newsgroups. Most of the responses (like this one) did not read the
problem correctly. The answer is the same from all but it is an answer for
the wrong problem. I still have not been able to solve it.

What you probably haven't noticed is you have the same 1" cut on the Windows
Desktop screen .
Try moving one of the shortcuts up and you will see it cut off at the 1"
line.

Frank

Venkatesh said:
See here: http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm#IEMax

HTH
Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]

Shawn said:
When I try to maximize my browser, it grows to the right
size, but it aligns itself about an inch from the top of
the display so that my desktop is still exposed at the
top and the bottom of the browser is hidden below the
display. This is only happening with my Internet Explorer.

Don Varnau

Frank,
Check your JAVA / VM installation:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/lettre_j.htm Put java into the search
field.

If using XP you may need to install JAVA from Sun.

You might try to refresh your scripting engine:
(links from Frank Saunders)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28001169
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Let me know if this helps.

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

Shawn said:
When I try to maximize my browser, it grows to the right
size, but it aligns itself about an inch from the top of
the display so that my desktop is still exposed at the
top and the bottom of the browser is hidden below the
display. This is only happening with my Internet Explorer.

FrankV

Don,

I've removed/reinstalled MS and Sun Java many times. I currently have Sun
Java 2x installed. I've refreshed everything many times. Most of the MS web
you are referring to is for writing web pages (which I did for years as a
part of my job) and has no direct association with using "stock" programs
like IE.

The same screen problem is for Windows Desktop, IE and any other browsers,
WordPad, all Office programs, FrontPage, etc. I can use the "full screen"
(not maximize) for some programs but I don't care much for it.

The problem is there is no problem. In other words, everything is working
as it should which means a flag has been changed in Windows to do this. I
know it is because occasionally when something has gone wrong with the
system it puts this flag back to default and for the rest of the session I
have a normal screen. Reboot goes back to this 1" cut.

I've use many tweaks (MS limited TweakUI through RegXteq), msconfig, admin
tools, etc. I've also spent many hours in regedit but have not been able to
track down the problem.

If you have any other ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Frank

Venkatesh said:
See here: http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm#IEMax

HTH
Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]

When I try to maximize my browser, it grows to the right
size, but it aligns itself about an inch from the top of
the display so that my desktop is still exposed at the
top and the bottom of the browser is hidden below the
display. This is only happening with my Internet Explorer.

Don Varnau

Frank,
Here's the reply I was looking for:

Don, thanks for your help. I played with the settings this morning.
After reading on this site and others that MS no longer supports its
java and is using the Sun java, I disabled the MS in the Advanced Tab of
Internet Settings. The browser window is now displaying correctly.
John

Also, going back to your first post on Jan 19, have you disabled the Office
Toolbar?

Don