Mandrive joins Ubuntu and Red Hat

Mike Brannigan

More off topic posts by Alias

So with reluctance time for you to go PLONK

In case anyone else wishes to not have to see any further posts from Alias.
in Window Mail, just highlight the message then select on the menu Message
.... Junk E-mail > ... Add Sender to Blocked Senders List
You will then see no more posts from Alias (until he changes his address)

Alias

Mike said:
More off topic posts by Alias

Not off topic. People might want to know that when they buy Vista, they
are supporting an organization that has a protection racket going just
like the Mafia and ETA (a terrorist organization in the Basque Country).
So with reluctance time for you to go PLONK

Being a drama queen like Frank? Do you have the self control to stick to
your plonking guns?
In case anyone else wishes to not have to see any further posts from Alias.
in Window Mail, just highlight the message then select on the menu
Message ... Junk E-mail > ... Add Sender to Blocked Senders List
You will then see no more posts from Alias (until he changes his address)

Yeah, but if your Blocked Senders List gets too big, what happens?

Heh.

Alias

Mike Hall - MVP

A large blocked senders list? why large? there are only a few of your type
in here..

I see that you have changed you munged address.. too many people not seeing
you? feeling left out of it?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Mac

Personally, I quite like to see the occasional "controversial" posting.

If I don't want to follow it I don't need to. There is always the DEL key
;-)

Alias

Mike said:
A large blocked senders list? why large? there are only a few of your
type in here..

My "type"? Are you stereotyping again, Mike?
I see that you have changed you munged address.. too many people not
seeing you? feeling left out of it?

It was just for you, Mike.

Alias

The poster formerly known as Nina DiBoy

Alias said:
To tell MS that they won't pay any protection money:

http://www.computerworld.com/action...ArticleBasic&articleId=9025366&intsrc=hm_list

The only other organization I know of that demands protection money is
the mob and ETA.

Alias

WhoooHooo! :)

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"They hacked the Microsoft website to make it think a linux box was a
windows box. Thats called hacking. People who do hacking are called
hackers."

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

Kurt Herman

There are over a hundred in my list and 3/4 of them are Alias and his
annonimizer shenanigans.

Kurt

Alias said:
My "type"? Are you stereotyping again, Mike?

Well Alias, at least we don't try to solicit for business in the
newsgroups like some people!
It was just for you, Mike.

Alias

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"They hacked the Microsoft website to make it think a linux box was a
windows box. Thats called hacking. People who do hacking are called
hackers."

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

KristleBawl

You again!?

You can only please the other Linux trolls and Frank in here, because Frank
needs someone to lap up his trollnip stew.

PLONK

"Alias" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I kinda like posts like this. it gives me somethign to read over lunch or
when work is slow. If anyone asks I can say its work related since it deals
with vista support. Anyone feel like posting today's news headlines too? or
maybe sports?

Happy thursday everyone!

mmmmm stew.. I would kill for a good bowl of clam chowder today.

...Sorry, is that off topic? :)

Alias

The said:
Well Alias, at least we don't try to solicit for business in the
newsgroups like some people!

So true. I think a lot of the MVPs come here to troll for business and
to show everyone how good they are at calling those who disagree them
trolls and other insults.

Alias

Larry Maturo

Hi Alias,

Actually, it has yet to be proven that they have a protection racket
going. If they take a Linux vendor to court, and win, it's not
protection money. If they take a Linux vedor to court, and lose,
then it is protection money. At the moment, no knows for sure
either way, and the one's refusing to deal with them are taking a
gamble. Only time will tell if they are the winners or losers. I
certainly don't have a clue either way.

-- Larry Maturo

Alias

Larry said:
Hi Alias,

Actually, it has yet to be proven that they have a protection racket
going. If they take a Linux vendor to court, and win, it's not
protection money. If they take a Linux vedor to court, and lose,
then it is protection money. At the moment, no knows for sure
either way, and the one's refusing to deal with them are taking a
gamble. Only time will tell if they are the winners or losers. I
certainly don't have a clue either way.

-- Larry Maturo

Hey, we got these patents that could kill ya. Want protection? No, we
don't tell anyone which patents we're talking about. Want protection?
It'll cost you millions.

Pulease, pull the other one; it has bells on it.

Alias

Stephan Rose

Hi Alias,

Actually, it has yet to be proven that they have a protection racket
going. If they take a Linux vendor to court, and win, it's not
protection money. If they take a Linux vedor to court, and lose,
then it is protection money. At the moment, no knows for sure
either way, and the one's refusing to deal with them are taking a
gamble. Only time will tell if they are the winners or losers. I
certainly don't have a clue either way.

Well I tell you one very good reason why it's all a bunch of crap.

Going after Mandriva who is a french Vendor?

Now tell me exactly what legal grounds MS has on its US patents in France?

So even *if* there is truth in MS' claims, they are fairly meaningless
outside the US.

Example:

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?id=1527

So *what* exactly, beyond FUD & Money, does MS hope to gain by going after
a french vendor with claims that, even if valid, are utterly meaningless
to that vendor?

--
Stephan
2003 Yamaha R6

å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰

Alias said:
Not off topic. People might want to know that when they buy Vista, they
are supporting an organization that has a protection racket going just
like the Mafia and ETA (a terrorist organization in the Basque Country).

Being a drama queen like Frank? Do you have the self control to stick to
your plonking guns?

You're calling MS the MOB and a terrorist organization and you call someone
else a drama queen?
You're bad joke

Frank

bp said:
:

You're calling MS the MOB and a terrorist organization and you call someone
else a drama queen?
You're bad joke

No, he’s not even a good example of bad joke.
He's evolved into the epitome of a real linux as*hole loser of troll.
IOW, he’s totally worthless.
Totally.
Frank