Mambo is now Joomla!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Any Mambo users out there.
Anyone familiar with the Mambo CMS, should of heard by now that Mambo is now being re-branded and is now becoming Joomla!
I for one, cant wait for the new developments to surface, as I have now built a few sites using their great CMS, and my main site has run on it for months now.

More info on Joomla can be found over at www.opensourcematters.org

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope this means things can only get better for it - Mambo was amazing :)

Reaction score
Mambo NOT Joomla

mambo is NOT now joomla.

The open source group has split, they have both taken away mambo version 4.x . Mambo will continue as its original while JOOmla will slowly develop away with its own ideas. The modules and components will most likely remian dominantly interchangable.

Want Avira Virus Alerts on yourt Mambo site?, let me know.

Also to anyone using ponygallery 1.2 beta, i have fixed the upload issue that many were having.

http://mambo.baungenjar.com

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
OK masterkeedu, I stand corrected.

You are very right in what you're saying, I know the team has now split, although when I made the post admittedly I thought it was just a rebranding, but after following Joomla for a long time now, I know know better.

Most of the original Mambo developers did switch over to Joomla when the split occured though.

Reaction score
Your right about the developers cache, since your previous post regarding my website i have done some digging. It seems joomla might be pulling ahead with some fresh thinking and reliable backgrounds.
The Joomla community has already found huge support, and many previous mambo users.

I looked at a few demos of joomla though and to be honest dont see much of a difference in there function. I'm definatley going to be watching there developments closely however.

Ask a Question