Malware Protection reports that "Windows did not findantivirus on this computer" what shud i do?

T

tendai

Ive been having this problem for weeks now, so i started my pc the other day before it had been working properly and then randomly reports to me that it has a problem because "Windows did not find antivirus on this computer" but also says that Spyware and other malware protection are protected by "Windows Defender and Mcafee VirusScan bothe report that they are turned on" and also at that time my firewall had shut down, i turned on the firewall and worked but i was not able to work out how i can get my antivirus detected (i am using the Macfee Security Center which oddly reports that everything i working well) i restarted my pc several times the problem didnt go away, ive read sum few articles still no help.

M

MowGreen [MVP]

tendai said:
Ive been having this problem for weeks now, so i started my pc the other day before it had been working properly and then randomly reports to me that it has a problem because "Windows did not find antivirus on this computer" but also says that Spyware and other malware protection are protected by "Windows Defender and Mcafee VirusScan bothe report that they are turned on" and also at that time my firewall had shut down, i turned on the firewall and worked but i was not able to work out how i can get my antivirus detected (i am using the Macfee Security Center which oddly reports that everything i working well) i restarted my pc several times the problem didnt go away, ive read sum few articles still no help.

'Macfee Security Center' <sic> is *supposed* to assume the functions of
the Windows Safety Center. Therefore, somethin' ain't right.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555962

Follow the steps to check the WMI repository for inconsistencies and
then rebuild it if the "WMI repository is not consistent" message appears.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Ask a Question