Making a download page for my website

IdahoGent

I have some graphics I am selling and I want the customer to be able to
download them after a purchase. Currently I have a link to paypal and from
paypal to a Thank You Download page that has the graphics showing. How do I
allow the customer to download them?

Stefan B Rusynko

Put them in a zip file on the download page

"IdahoGent" <Doug(at)dougsmetalwork.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message |I have some graphics I am selling and I want the customer to be able to
| download them after a purchase. Currently I have a link to paypal and from
| paypal to a Thank You Download page that has the graphics showing. How do I
| allow the customer to download them?
| --
| Frontpage 2003
| Dougsmetalwork.com
| Boisefoundry.com
| TheGreatServer.com

IdahoGent

Thank you Stefan, for getting back to me: OK! I finally did it. I bought
Winzip 11 and ziped all my graphics in a zip file named 'Red Cursors ZIP'.
Then I went to the download page, put my cursor in an area to put my zip file
so it could be right clicked on and downloaded.
In Frontpage 2003 I clicked on Insert/file/ Look in 'redcursors folder'
Select Red Cursors ZIP/ and click on 'open' and got the following window---
"Could not load C:\Documents & Settings\Doug\Local Settings\Temproary
Internet files\Frontpage Temp DIr\Wpdlcpos.zip" (Where the last item
'Wpd...' etc. changes everytime I do the above steps.)

How do you insert a zip file?
--
Frontpage 2003
RedCursors.com

Kathleen Anderson

Import the zip file into your web (File > Import) and then create a link to
it on a web page (Insert > Hyperlink and browse to location of the zip file
in your web).

I would also recommend that you change the name of your zip file so that
contains no spaces (red_cursors.zip). Spaces in a file or folder name may
cause the link to break in some browsers and/or email clients.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Put them in a zip file on the download page

"IdahoGent" <Doug(at)dougsmetalwork.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
|I have some graphics I am selling and I want the customer to be able to
| download them after a purchase. Currently I have a link to paypal and
from
| paypal to a Thank You Download page that has the graphics showing. How
do I
| allow the customer to download them?
| --
| Frontpage 2003
| Dougsmetalwork.com
| Boisefoundry.com
| TheGreatServer.com

Thomas A. Rowe

FYI: Windows XP contains a built-in Zip function for files/folders.

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com