MailWasher® Pro Version 4.0 Upgrade

Andy

FYIS.org/estore said:
For those of us that got the Pro Version free:
MailWasher® Pro Version 4.0
Released on 24th March 2004.
http://www.firetrust.com/products/pro/upgrade.php

DanlK, FYI Services
www.FYIS.org
Visit our Commemorative Collectible www.FYIS.org/estore!

D. Wilson

Thanks, I thought I was on their mailing list but I missed this.

Me too! Can you just install latest version over previous or do you
need to uninstall older version first?
TIA Denise W.

FYIS.org/estore

In D. Wilson posted:
Me too! Can you just install latest version over previous or do you
need to uninstall older version first?
TIA Denise W.

Yes, you can install latest version over previous, all your settings
and filters will be preserved..

DanlK, FYI Services
www.FYIS.org
Visit our Commemorative Collectible www.FYIS.org/estore!
Don't forget to put this html code on your web page:
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript
src="http://www.georgewbush.com/WStuff/BPForm.aspx">
</SCRIPT>

Keenan P.

In D. Wilson posted:

Yes, you can install latest version over previous, all your settings
and filters will be preserved..

DanlK, FYI Services
www.FYIS.org
Visit our Commemorative Collectible www.FYIS.org/estore!
Don't forget to put this html code on your web page:
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript
src="http://www.georgewbush.com/WStuff/BPForm.aspx">
</SCRIPT>
You said in another post that "some of us" got Mailwasher Pro. Has that
opportunity past? I must have missed it...
POKO
--
P. Keenan - Webmaster
Web Page Design

D. Wilson

You said in another post that "some of us" got Mailwasher Pro. Has that
opportunity past? I must have missed it...
POKO

Dunno how the others got it free. I had sent program maker a small
donation ages ago to upgrade to the "Pro" version.
Denise W.

D. Wilson

Dunno how the others got it free. I had sent program maker a small
donation ages ago to upgrade to the "Pro" version.
Denise W.

Sorry, now i recall it may have been an actual fee! But it was very
little anyway...
DW

]-[emLok

-
A cat that meoweth much catcheth but few mice.

Andy

]-[emLok said:

[snip]

The way it worked was at one point you could donate money and you'd
receive a registration key. I think the range for the donation was
anywhere between 1 and 10 dollars USD via PayPal or a similar online
payment method. It's been awhile. If you had already done this when
the Pro version came out then you were offered a free upgrade.

I am unaware of people who did not donate being upgraded to the Pro
version for free.

/]-[emLok
That's the way it worked for me, but being a big generous guy I gave Nick
Bolton USD20. Wow. But that's probably only half of what it costs now.

A very nice product and well worth my initial 20 bucks ;)

Wayne Boatwright

In D. Wilson posted:
[snip]

You said in another post that "some of us" got Mailwasher Pro. Has
that opportunity past? I must have missed it...
POKO

The way it worked was at one point you could donate money and you'd
receive a registration key. I think the range for the donation was
anywhere between 1 and 10 dollars USD via PayPal or a similar online
payment method. It's been awhile. If you had already done this when
the Pro version came out then you were offered a free upgrade.

I am unaware of people who did not donate being upgraded to the Pro
version for free.

/]-[emLok

I'm aware of at least one person who donated and never received a key,
much less an upgrade to Pro. I donated $10 after the first week I used
MailWasher, but never heard a word.

]-[emLok

[snip]
The way it worked was at one point you could donate money and
you'd receive a registration key. I think the range for the
donation was anywhere between 1 and 10 dollars USD via PayPal or a
similar online payment method. It's been awhile. If you had
already done this when the Pro version came out then you were
offered a free upgrade.

I am unaware of people who did not donate being upgraded to the
Pro version for free.

I'm aware of at least one person who donated and never received a
key, much less an upgrade to Pro. I donated $10 after the first
week I used MailWasher, but never heard a word.

The following is a portion of the email I received back when the Pro
version was first released:

[begin]

From: -Removed-
To: -Removed-
Subject: MailWasher News & Updates
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:24:01 +1300

1. Announcement: MailWasher Pro

I've wanted to enhance MailWasher's position as a serious spam
fighter in the market, so I've been working on a PRO version of
MailWasher which is now complete and being sold from a newly branded
web site.

http://www.firetrust.com

But I haven't forgotten about you! To, all my loyal users who chose
to support me with donations, referrals and suggestions to get
MailWasher to where it is now, I thank you! As initially promised you
will still get lifetime free upgrades and support. You will also get
a free copy of MailWasher Pro! This new version has a better and more
easier to use interface and ALL new development will be concentrated
on this version. I'm sure you will like it. You can read about
MailWasher Pro here:

http://www.firetrust.com/products/mailwasherpro/

for instructions. The old free version is still available from
www.mailwasher.net but will not be developed further and is limited
in various ways.

[end]

I followed the instructions and received my new and free Pro
registration key in a short time and I've been using the Pro version
ever since.

NOTE: The upgrade page (http://www.firetrust.com/mwupgrade/) STILL
exists and might still be functional. Try it.

/]-[emLok

-
A cat that meoweth much catcheth but few mice.

FYIS.org/estore

In Wayne Boatwright posted:

In D. Wilson posted:
[snip]

You said in another post that "some of us" got Mailwasher Pro. Has
that opportunity past? I must have missed it...
POKO

The way it worked was at one point you could donate money and you'd
receive a registration key. I think the range for the donation was
anywhere between 1 and 10 dollars USD via PayPal or a similar online
payment method. It's been awhile. If you had already done this when
the Pro version came out then you were offered a free upgrade.

I am unaware of people who did not donate being upgraded to the Pro
version for free.

/]-[emLok

I'm aware of at least one person who donated and never received a key,
much less an upgrade to Pro. I donated $10 after the first week I
used MailWasher, but never heard a word.

See
http://www.firetrust.com/support/pr...ID=3f970c06f550fe121974b9bc1601254d#paid_free