Lynx 2.8.5 - Fully-featured, text-based World Wide Web browser.

Gordon Darling

Lynx 2.8.5 - Fully-featured, text-based World Wide Web browser.

About:
Lynx is a fully-featured WWW client for users running cursor-addressable,
character-cell display devices (e.g., vt100 terminals, vt100 emulators
running on PCs or Macs, or any other character-cell display). It will
display HTML documents containing links to files on the local system, as
well as files on remote systems running HTTP, gopher, FTP, WAIS, NNTP,
finger, or cso/ph/qi servers, and services accessible via logins to
telnet, tn3270, or rlogin accounts.

Changes:
The focus of this release is improved locale support, e.g. using ncurses'
wide-character configuration. There are also numerous performance
enhancements. Other notable areas of improvement include file uploading,
SSL, bzip2, and scripting.

Release focus: Major feature enhancements
License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/lynx/

Homepage: http://lynx.isc.org
Tar/GZ: http://freshmeat.net/redir/lynx/6060/url_tgz/lynx2.8.5.tar.gz
Tar/BZ2: http://freshmeat.net/redir/lynx/6060/url_bz2/lynx2.8.5.tar.bz2
Zip: http://freshmeat.net/redir/lynx/6060/url_zip/lynx2-8-5.zip

Regards
Gordon

Daniel

Gordon Darling said:
Lynx 2.8.5 - Fully-featured, text-based World Wide Web browser.

Dear Sir,

I would like to know whether or not Lynx really works on windows xp.

TIA

olfart

Daniel said:
Gordon Darling <[email protected]> wrote in message

Dear Sir,

I would like to know whether or not Lynx really works on windows xp.
it doesn't work *with* anything. it's a stand alone OS. You can put it in a
separate partition of your HD and dual boot between xp and Linux

Chuck Mattsen

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:26:01 -0500

olfart> > I would like to know whether or not Lynx really works on
olfart> windows xp.
olfart> >
olfart> >
olfart> it doesn't work *with* anything. it's a stand alone OS. You
olfart> can put it in a separate partition of your HD and dual boot
olfart> between xp and Linux

Try again.

--
Chuck Mattsen <[email protected]>
(Remove CLOTHING before replying)

Random Thought/Quote For This Message:
Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health.

Rhexis

olfart said:
it doesn't work *with* anything.

Hey mister, I happen to like the browser. :D
it's a stand alone OS. You can put it in a separate partition of your HD
and dual boot between xp and Linux

There's a difference.

Lynx: Text-only browser (it works under Windows too).
Linux: Kernel that lots of long-haired hippies seem to like.