lsass.exe

G

Hiya everyone, i'm currently having a problem with a virus that affects lsass.exe and causes my computing to shut down after 60 seconds i was wondering if anyone could help me plz

G

Hi daniel, I'm having the same problem I believe. Here are my symptoms

1. once the computer starts it runs really slow or not at all
2. the Task Manager shows 'adserv.exe' consuming most of the CPU so I end the process
3. then I can do things as normal
4. But then, at no particular time -- anywhere from 2 minutes to 50 minutes later -- it shuts down with the 'NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM shutdown system32 lsass.exe' error message.

When you look in the Task Manager do you see 'adserv.exe' running? Or do you see 'mblast.exe'? If it's mblast.exe you have the Blaster Worm. The Blaster Worm page is here: http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast_faq.as

If it's adserv.exe I don't know what you have because I haven't solved it yet. I went to the Blaster Worm page and did everything - Firewall, Anti-Virus, Windows Updates, Blaster Worm Removal Tool - but the problem is still there.

G

George M. Garner Jr.

D9r,

Try running two different adware/spyware scanners on your computer such as
spybot and ad-aware.

Regards,

George.

Ask a Question