Lost formatting in e-mails composed in Outlook

G

When I compose e-mails using Outlook--either in Word or not in Word--the recipient receives the e-mail with all formatting stripped from it. I can't use color, different fonts, italics, etc., because all disappear between "Send" and "Receive" even when I send it to myself. I finally found and chose the option of NOT removing formatting when sending, no matter what program it is sent to, but it removes all formatting anyway. Anybody know how to make it leave all the formatting in e-mails, either in Word or not in Word, when sent? Also, anybody know how to turn off ALL automatic style updating? I really wish it would let ME decide what I want to do with my documents! (For example, when I change a color or font in a single line or paragraph of an e-mail I'm composing, it automatically changes the entire rest of the document to that font or color, and some text is altered even when I click "Undo Automatically Update Style." Not that it matters, since ALL of it is removed when I send the e-mail.)

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

It may have nothing to do with you, your Outlook, your mail server. What
mail client is the recipient using? Perhaps something between the two of
your is forcing plain text.....you aren't using Rich Text formatting, are
you? Don't - use HTML if you want formatting.

Re automatically upate style - I am not a fan of Word as E-mail Editor. I
usually disable it as soon as I install Outlook.

Ask a Question