more than two or three days.

The system will automatically make restore points, I can
make restore points. All of these will be visible from
the calendar in the System restore dialog but after a
period of a few days they ALL disappear not just the
oldest ones.

I have Real Player installed and someone suggested that
there was a problem with RP wiping SR points. I
uninstalled RP and it has made no difference.

Can anyone suggest a remedy for this?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Ian McKnight.

T

t.cruise

There's probably some file corruption. Right click the My Computer desktop icon, left
click Properties, click the System Restore tab, click to put a checkmark to the left of:
Turn Off System Restore, and click the APPLY and OK buttons. Open My Computer, click the
Tools menu, clickFolder Options, click the View tab, under the heading: Hidden Files and
Folders click to select: Show Hidden Files and Folders. A few items down REMOVE the
checkmark to the left of:Hide System Files and Folders (Recommended) if there's an Are you
Sure? dialog box click YES, then click the Apply and OK buttons. Then either in My
Computer or Windows Explorer go to the System Volume Information folder, select it, and
delete all of the contents but NOT the main folder itself. Then close all open windows.
Then reboot your system. Then right click the My Computer desktop icon, left click
Properties, click the System Restore tab, click to put a checkmark to enable System
Restore and click the APPLY and OK buttons. Then reboot your system. Then check to see if
you can create Restore Points, and if they are retained.--
T.C.t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.comRemove [NoSpam] to reply "Ian"

Ask a Question