Lookup value from one sheet & show value in corresponding row of current sheet

Reaction score
Each month I rank the sales performance of our clients in a worksheet. I need to compare this month's ranking with last month's from a different sheet, but in the same book. Currently I am going back to the previous month's spreadsheet and finding the old ranking for each client and copying it over to my new spreadsheet one by one which is quite tedious.

I am hoping to find a way of automatically pulling that data out of the old spreadsheet, any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Each month I rank the sales performance of our clients in a worksheet. I need to compare this month's ranking with last month's from a different sheet, but in the same book. Currently I am going back to the previous month's spreadsheet and finding the old ranking for each client and copying it over to my new spreadsheet one by one which is quite tedious.

I am hoping to find a way of automatically pulling that data out of the old spreadsheet, any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Go to the cell where you want the data to appear; type = and then click on the cell you want it to draw from and then return. It should copy it straight over.

If you have a column of these, once you've done the first cell, then you copy and past down the column and it will copy the entire column, line by line.

Last edited:

Ask a Question