Logon Locally for DC Part 2

Ovvy

I've been trying to work on a GPO(logon_locally) that I
applied in an Domain controllers OU. This will give rights
to a user to login to DC and do basic things in the local
machine like share, clear event logs, install software etc.

The user can login to the DC now(thanks for the idea of
others) however, he cannot still install Programs, change
time or even clear the event Viewer or shutdown the system!

Do I have to add my user on all those other rights like
change time, shutdown the system etc etc.?
At the end I wanted this user to logon locally, do
everything on the local machine like being an
administrator locally so he can configure the DC.

But how? there is no local Admins group?

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

You will need to grant specific rights to that user. Since this server is a
DC, there are no local users or groups (except in ds restore mode). Because
of the protections built into the security of a DC, unless the user is an
administrator you will have to grant the rights needed to perform the tasks
you delegate.

Hope that helps!

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
Directory Services