Logon Failure

Terry

In XP my computer has 3 accounts each of them log me out
immediately after I log on. Does anyone know a way of
fixing this? I think it might have something to do with
my McAfee Firewall as that flashes on the sceen before it
logs off.

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Terry,

If this started recently, boot into Safe Mode and disable your firewall.

If that doesn't work, go into safe mode again and see if you can perform a
system restore to a time before this started.

Clean boot troubleshooting may also help resolve this.

MORE INFORMATION:

308041 Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308041

310353 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

316434 HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

310560 How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

307852 HOW TO: Start Your Computer by Using the Last Known Good
Configuration
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307852

315222 A Description of the Safe Mode Boot Options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315222

315341 How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP

Repairing Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315341

329198 When to Reinstall Windows XP Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329198

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
| From: "Terry" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Logon Failure
| Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:03:22 -0800
|
| In XP my computer has 3 accounts each of them log me out
| immediately after I log on. Does anyone know a way of
| fixing this? I think it might have something to do with
| my McAfee Firewall as that flashes on the sceen before it
| logs off.

Terry

This has the same problem in that I try to logon and my
desktop appears and then I am immediately logged off.
Now it comes up with no Page file or page file to small.
I use Alt-Tab to get a virtual page (article 315270)but
it still logs me out.

I have also tried going into the c: prompt with the XP
CD, but I can not pull the CD to try Nortons Antivirus CD.

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Terry,

When you are quickly logged off, what message appears. If you can provide
exact wording that would help.

=========