logon failure: the target account name is incorrect

J

Jeff Loupe

I've got a couple of DC's that are not replicating domain information. When I attempt to access the netlogon share of the PDC emulator, I get the above error message. I've tried the KB article from MS and none of the steps work.

Any ideas? I've even demoted one of the DC's, dropped it from the domain, rejoined then dcpromo. Same thing.

J

Jorge Silva

Hi

Can you give us more details about your Domain configuration...

The DC that you removed did have any Role, did you transfer that role before the DC demotion?

What message are you talking about?

--
I hop that helps

Good Luck
Jorge Silva
MCSA
Systems Administrator

I've got a couple of DC's that are not replicating domain information. When I attempt to access the netlogon share of the PDC emulator, I get the above error message. I've tried the KB article from MS and none of the steps work.

Any ideas? I've even demoted one of the DC's, dropped it from the domain, rejoined then dcpromo. Same thing.

J

Jorge Silva

I'm sorry the message should be:
"Logon failure: the target name is invalid"
Is this correct?

--
I hop that helps

Good Luck
Jorge Silva
MCSA
Systems Administrator

Ask a Question