Login takes 20 minutes.

Reaction score
I have several machines at random times and in different locations. That take up to 20 minutes to boot. They always get stuck at applying the security settings. The machines are all windows 2000 pro a mix of laptops and desktops connected and disconnected. They are all in a windows NT 4.0 domain. Also when I go to look at the security policy on the local machine it is corrupt. I have tried to debug, and delete and refresh the local policy but it is still corrupt. I even tried copying the security polices from a working machine and still no luck. The one thing that I can track down is that when go to be authiticated it is from one paticular DC but, what is throwing me is that I could understand if we were running AD but, it is an NT 4.0 domain. Any help would be great. One other thing I also looked at the DNS settings and they are fine.

Thank you,

Kent

Ask a Question