Locked Threads

Reaction score
May be it's my weird sense of humour, but i always look for locked threads in the todays posts thread.
Always find it interesting on why a thread has been locked.
Has someone been naughty, banned or said the wrong thing?

May be i need to get out more!!:lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Normally locked threads happen when there is spam, a read-only info thread, a very old thread being bumped up, or something that could get out of hand. ;)

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
"Normally locked threads happen when there is spam, a read-only info thread, a very old thread being bumped up, or something that could get out of hand."

I'll say this: one thing I do get really annoyed about is mods locking threads just because they didn't like the way the conversation was going; I think everyone should be able to get a say, after all normal conversation isn't censored.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It does take quite a lot to get a thread locked - talking about anything illegal is a quick way to get a lock, but if the conversation is getting heated a lock can help defuse things. I know it isn't ideal, and I don't think myself or any of the other mods enjoy locking threads, but sometimes its the better than letting threads get out of hand.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Im not liking where this thread is going.... :)

Ask a Question