Localizing resources to Japanes

G

Help!!! I need to convert an MFC app in VC++ 6.0 to Japanese. I found the app wizard for Japanese and have installed the localized resource files. When I do the app wizard, I select Japanese (and set my machine locale to Japanese and set the settings/resources to Japanese) Problem is when I open a resource and try to paste in Kanji, it puts ???? in its place. I can open the .rc file with notepad and paste in Kanji with no problem and build, but again, I get ???? instead of the Kanj

I'm going nuts -- any help would be greatly appreciated

G

Hi

Are you really see '????' on the screen? or '????' just means some amazing string
There're two possibilities of the cause
o '????' itself means the string conversion (via MultiByteToWideChar) fails
o Some amazing string means the font used is not appropriate

----- lhauser63 wrote: ----

Help!!! I need to convert an MFC app in VC++ 6.0 to Japanese. I found the app wizard for Japanese and have installed the localized resource files. When I do the app wizard, I select Japanese (and set my machine locale to Japanese and set the settings/resources to Japanese) Problem is when I open a resource and try to paste in Kanji, it puts ???? in its place. I can open the .rc file with notepad and paste in Kanji with no problem and build, but again, I get ???? instead of the Kanj

I'm going nuts -- any help would be greatly appreciated

Ask a Question