Local Security Policy Lockout

Melissa Mitchell

My administrator account no longer has access to the the
Local Security Policys. Running a Win2k machine with FTP
and and Local Intranet. I receive the event ID error 1202
I believe someone has hacked in and gained access but I
can seem to figuire this one out.

My administrator account no longer has access to the the
Local Security Policys. Running a Win2k machine with FTP
and and Local Intranet. I receive the event ID error 1202
I believe someone has hacked in and gained access but I
can seem to figuire this one out.
.
DONT WORRY BE HAPPY

MSFT

From: "Melissa Mitchell" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Melissa Mitchell" <[email protected]>
Subject: Local Security Policy Lockout
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:50:28 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.security

My administrator account no longer has access to the the
Local Security Policys. Running a Win2k machine with FTP
and and Local Intranet. I receive the event ID error 1202
I believe someone has hacked in and gained access but I
can seem to figuire this one out.

Hi Melissa-

What happens exactly when the administrator tries to open up the Local Security Policy? Do you get an error message? The 1202 error message usually
indicates that a user that no longer exists is defined in a policy somewhere. This should not prevent you from managing your local security policy. Is there
anything else that leads you to believe you may have been hacked?

Thanks-

Siddharth Sawkar
PSS Security

from your issue.