lnk

G

Glenn

I don't know if I got a virus or not. I don't think so, I ran a virus scan completely twice. but check it anyway.

I was trying to get a photo program to do something, don't even remember what now, and it went crazy.

It added a .lnk to every program. I mean every one. It wouldn't even show the desktop on a reboot until I removed it. It sent everything to the internet browser where of course it wouldn't run.

I can't get rid of it. I can remove a program and reload it, make a shortcut and the thing adds a .lnk to the shortcut

I delete the .lnk and it wants an association. I can assign it one but it requires it every time. There seems to be no way to check a "use this association every time." It's grayed out.

It scattered all the desktop icons all over the desktop and changed the icon pictures all to blank. I have a program called Iconord that will restore the arrangement of the icons and it even failed.

I have tried system recalls to no avail. Just getting email to work again took a long time and I still have to assign it an association every time.
Any ideas?

G

Glenn

I would like to try the # 2 option but have been
unsuccessful getting into that pre boot mode.

G

Glenn

Well, I think I have everything backed up. Looks like
I'll have to format the big disk and start over. Boy,
I wish I had chosen sp.

G

Glenn

Hey, I'm back.

I finally got it to restore from the boot position,
backed it to the 5th and it worked. Goody.

I BELIEVE the offending program that kicked this crap
off was "PhotoFiltret"

Ask a Question