Listview scroll bar problem

G

I have an unusal problem with getting the vertical scroll bars to work correctly when I add more items to a listview than can be displayed in client area. It fills all the available client area and then starts wrapping from the beginning again. The scroll bar does show but there is nothing to scroll as it just overlays the items. I am using vb.net and have the dock set to left and the scrollable property set to true. The horizontal scroll bars seem to work fine. Has anyone seen a problem like this.

H

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* =?Utf-8?B?dmVsb2xld2lz?= said:
I have an unusal problem with getting the vertical scroll bars to work
correctly when I add more items to a listview than can be displayed in
client area. It fills all the available client area and then starts
wrapping from the beginning again. The scroll bar does show but there is
nothing to scroll as it just overlays the items. I am using vb.net and
have the dock set to left and the scrollable property set to true. The
horizontal scroll bars seem to work fine.

I am note able to repro that on .NET 1.1, Windows XP Professional.

G

Yes, I know. There is something peculiar about this project that causes it to behave this way. I have also tried a new project and have even tried to duplicate some of the controls and code that builds the listveiw and the scroll seems to work fine. I will keep digging but wondered if anyone else had run into this type of issue. I am also using net 1.1 and windows xp pro.

Thanks

Ask a Question