Listbox with DataSource automaticly select item

Reaction score
Hello,

I have ListBox and the DataSource is link to a BindingList<T>. When I add a first object to my BindingList, it is correctly reflected in the ListBox, but my problem is that the element is automaticly "selected". I put it in quotes, before in apperence it is Selected, but the event of the ListBox indicating that the selected item changed is not called.

If I do not use DataSource, but use the Items.Add() of the ListBox, when an first item is added, it is not selected. First, what I want while using the DataSource.

Is can't do anything about that, my second problem is that the event for an item selected is not triggered.

Thank you.

Reaction score
The only solution I have found so far, is to change the SelectedIndex to -1 immediately after adding the data to the BindingList. It not so bad because I add the data in the same form that the ListBox is in, but I don't find that very clean.

I've found out that the Event triggered when adding something to the "DataSource", is the SelectedValueChanged, but I can't put it to null. It seem there must always be a selected value...

Last edited:

Ask a Question