LinkMasterFields Property error:communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control

Reaction score
I get this "The LinkMasterFields Property setting has produced this error: 'A problem occurred while Microsoft Office Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control' " error message when I try to add/edit line item to the subform in a form and when I click OK, I am able to make changes, but the changes are not saved to the database.

This happens only when I try to use Access Database remotely. things work fine when I go to the server and add/edit line items in subform.

I have taken a copy of production database and pasted it in some other folder on production server itself. I added few fields to the table, modified Query and modified form containing subform. Then, I try to add line items. things work fine on server, but when I access the database from local machine, n try to add line items in subform, I get the above mentioned error. but the production database works fine remotely as well.

Please help!!! I have no clue what to do, I have spent many days on this issue.

Ask a Question