Windows XP Linking to Hyperlinks

Reaction score
Hi!
This my first posting, so I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help me.

I have set up a spreadsheet in Excel which has hyperlinks to word documents. I now want to set up a second sheet, in the same workbook, that links through to the first, and I want some of the hyperlinks from the first sheet to also appear on the second. But, whatever I try, I can't seem to get the links on the second sheet to work.

Does anyone know a way of successfully linking hyperlinks from one sheet to another?

Fingers crossed,

Dorothy

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'll try ...

Linking from one sheet to another is a simple process of ... Click the Cell, press the = , go to the first sheet, Click the required Cell, press Enter. The "address" and cell will be updated automatically when changes are made to the original.

However, when you try this with a "hyperlink" what happens is the damn link opens instead ... but, if you manually type in the location it will accept the data. Now, because you now do not have a "proper" hyperlink it will not work as such.

See attached pics

Never needed to "Hyperlink" in Excel before ... can you tell me why you are ?

Welcome to the Forums. :thumb:

oh, and yes, I used OpenOffice in my example ... ;)

Attachments

• sheet 1.JPG
    sheet 1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 127
  • sheet 2.JPG
    sheet 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
Reaction score
How about having hyperlinks in spreadsheet to maintain current stock prices? Where to find the hyperlinks?
tbdomenz

Ask a Question