Line Spacing Problem in FP 2002/XT

A

AA Smith

An article I've copied into FP 2002/XP from a Word 2002/XT document appears with inconsistent line spacing in FP 2002/XP. In some cases entire paragraphs that are set to Single spacing (using FP 2002/XP's Format | Paragraph) appear double spaced. In other cases, part of a given paragraph that is set to Single spacing appears double-spaced, while the rest of the paragraph appears single spaced.

I tried highlighting the paragraphs and clicking on the Format menu and then selecting Paragraph and set the line spacing to single spaced. However, that did not change the appearance of these paragraphs at all.

How can I get these paragraphs to all display single spaced?

G

Have you looked at the html code? Can you cut and paste the code into here?
Just the top portion and a couple lines of text. It could be extra line
breaks <br> or paragraph breaks <p> or something else... if i could see the
code.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

The cleanest way is to Copy/Paste all the text into Notepad, which will remove all formatting, then Copy/Paste THAT into FP. This will clean out all the junk and you can format to your heart's desire in FP.

An article I've copied into FP 2002/XP from a Word 2002/XT document appears with inconsistent line spacing in FP 2002/XP. In some cases entire paragraphs that are set to Single spacing (using FP 2002/XP's Format | Paragraph) appear double spaced. In other cases, part of a given paragraph that is set to Single spacing appears double-spaced, while the rest of the paragraph appears single spaced.

I tried highlighting the paragraphs and clicking on the Format menu and then selecting Paragraph and set the line spacing to single spaced. However, that did not change the appearance of these paragraphs at all.

A

AA Smith

Thanks, Rob! After posting my problem, it occurred to me that copy/pasting Word text to Notepad first, then copy/paste from Notepad to FP 2002/XP might solve the problem. And, sure enough, I found, as you suggested here, that doing so did indeed eliminate the formatting oddities. It all looks fine now.

Thanks for your feedback. I do appreciate it.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
(e-mail address removed)

The cleanest way is to Copy/Paste all the text into Notepad, which will remove all formatting, then Copy/Paste THAT into FP. This will clean out all the junk and you can format to your heart's desire in FP.

A

AA Smith

After posting my problem, it occurred to me that copy/pasting Word text to Notepad first, then copy/paste from Notepad to FP 2002/XP might solve the problem. And, sure enough, I found that doing so did indeed eliminate the formatting oddities. It all looks fine now.

Thanks, anyway, mom. I do appreciate your interest in this problem.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

No problem..there is another way of doing it too, but Notepad is the easiest to explain.

btw...don't post in the ng in RTF or HTML...its an unwritten rule :)

Thanks, Rob! After posting my problem, it occurred to me that copy/pasting Word text to Notepad first, then copy/paste from Notepad to FP 2002/XP might solve the problem. And, sure enough, I found, as you suggested here, that doing so did indeed eliminate the formatting oddities. It all looks fine now.

Thanks for your feedback. I do appreciate it.
--
With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question