Word Line spacing option in Word/Outlook is missing

Reaction score
user.gif

I typed a document in wordpad and copied it into an Outlook email, but although the text was single spaced in notepad, it came out double spaced in the Outlook email. When I searched help to learn how to change the double space to single space help said "on the formatting tootbar click linespacing and tehn doi one of the following"

The trouble is, I don't have the line spacing option listed in my formattig toolbar.

confused.gif

If I click format/paragraph there is a line spacing option but that already says single.

To make matters worse, word is sort of fickle when I try to make it manually single space.

:(

What am I doing worng?

Sandy in FL

Windows XP Pro
Compaq

Reaction score
Is it possible that your document from wordpad/notepad (which one?) has inserted hard returns at the end of each line. If that is the case then it may be paragraph spacing that is putting in the extra space. I am guessing from your post that you are using Word as email editor in Outlook. Try showing all the format markers: Tools > Options - View tab, Formatting marks tick All. It may give you a clue as to what is happening.

Reaction score
You can change an Outlook e-mail to single spacing by changing the "Style" to "Normal". This makes everything single spaced inside the message and you can then add spacing, as needed.
Jolene

Ask a Question