Limitation to length of Add-In description causes add-in manager to report the add-in file missing.

gthacker

Hello,

I encountered the same issue that Simon describes below and could not
find a solution posted anywhere. Here is how I resolved the issue:

Shorten the length of the add-in description. (set in the document's
"comment" property)

It appears that excel (possibly just the add-in manager) does not
support add-in descriptions beyond a certain length (I'm guessing 255
characters - I haven't verified this.) I encountered the issue
described when my description text was 368 characters long.

Reducing the length of the description eliminated this behavior.

Or possibly it was something altogether unrelated, at least the
problem went away :)

Greg