Limewire problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I downloaded a great programme called Limewire the other day ... used it for one day and was GREAT !!! lol Next time tried connecting ... wasn't connection just said "connecting" and took FOREVER !!! I left it running and about 1 hour later it EVENTUALLY said i have maybe a firewall up or something :S I didn't think i did :S

I checked that the windows firewall was off turned it off tried it again and doesn't work ?!

PLEASE HELP !!! I need my music again ! lol thanx :D

Reaction score
could it be searching through ur reams of music be4 u can connect?

i take it these programes make u share ur files
see if u can unshare ur files

Reaction score
How do i do that ?! :S

Does anyone use Limewire ?!?!

It before connected STRAIGHT away ?!?! After one day ... it's GONE !!! lol :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
LimeWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program. Like many free p2p software, this program is also bundled with adware that delivers advertisements to your computer.

A few days ago I downloaded and installed Limewire. Aside from it having installed several other spyware programs that were easily detected and removed by Lavasoft, it installed a file in the Windows folder called dlder.exe. It placed a corresponding line in the registry to make dlder.exe load at start up. Fortunately, ZoneAlarm alerted me that the file was trying to access the Internet and I stopped it from doing so. I "unchecked it" in MSCONFIG so it would not load at start up. After a few days I ran a full system scan with Norton AV. Norton reported that dlder.exe was a trojan virus and safely deleted it.

You may need THIS

:D

Reaction score
lol i just ran the scan took 47 minutes ... finished it ... and still saying connecting ... :S

HELP !!!

Reaction score
UM get rid of lime wire, your just asking for trouble, I recomend k-lite. Not Kazza, K-lite (they are different) and it got banned in the us and really only availble on UK websites. It works pretty well, no spyware but you leave yourself a lil open to viruses, need to be up on that stuff.

Reaction score
Damn it ! :(

Well we use to always use WINMX on our other pc which we still have ... but for some reason my brother couldn't get it to work on this pc ... so we gave up using WINMX ... Limewire is so quick though ! :mad: lol

I think about getting K-LITE later on today ... get my bro to download it

(Where can i get K-LITE for free ?!) lol

Thanx anwayz :(

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
K-Lite stood for Kazaa Lite. Most of the servers are down for it know though and its useless. Its now been taken over by Kazaa Lite Revolution, just google it and you will find it.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
use shareaza its cool because you can use it as a download manager when downloading huge files from websites, nobody uses kazaa anymore

Reaction score
lol kk where can i download this from ?!?!

Looking to download now coz i need more tunes :D Me bored ! lol

Reaction score
Belloni said:
I downloaded a great programme called Limewire the other day ... used it for one day and was GREAT !!! lol Next time tried connecting ... wasn't connection just said "connecting" and took FOREVER !!! I left it running and about 1 hour later it EVENTUALLY said i have maybe a firewall up or something :S I didn't think i did :S

I checked that the windows firewall was off turned it off tried it again and doesn't work ?!

PLEASE HELP !!! I need my music again ! lol thanx :D

hiya i also recently downloaded limwire ,big mistake it overloaded my computer with spyware and viruses ,everything on my computer had to be removed and reinstalled,what a nightmare,i lost all my photos and all the other music i had,my advice is stay well clear of it

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This be a bit of an old post innit? :D

Since WinMX died recently, both my daughter and myself are using Limewire.

The program purports to have no adaware or spyware, all I get that's annoying is a popup each time I open it asking me to buy their 'pro' version.

I'm going through a router, I have Windows XP Firewall enabled and only 'anti-nasty' programs I'm using are Antivir and AdawareSE.

Adaware and Antivir haven't found a single thing (apart from the usual cookies) since I've been using Limewire, both are updated regularly, in the case of Antivir, this means almost daily.

And Limewire is good, imo.

I suspect that any infestations that occur using this program may originate from downloads rather than the core software itself.

Reaction score
I have to agree with Flopps here. My daughter has been using limewire for almost 3 years now, and has no problems with spyware/trojans/virii on her machine.
Then again, she also knows exactly what she is downloading, and keeps all her protections updated, ie windows update, Anti-Vir, sppywareblaster, spybot and adaware. (surprisingly, she actually learned something from me!)
Only problems she eve had was with profile worms in AIM, and she knew it hit as soon as she got it, so it was a nothing for anti-vir to remove.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I've been using it for a year now & never had any problems & I run a firewall with it all the time. Maybe it slows it down a bit but I've never run it without a firewall so wouldn't know. I've also never had any trouble with addware or spyware (that I know of & I update my virex program regularly), again just the "Buy Limewire pro" Pop up. I download heaps of music with it (over 20 songs today) I especially love getting the oldies & classics & I managed to download the theme to "Blue Peter" a couple of weeks ago, but I love all sorts of music & you can find it all on limewire :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I use Limewire too - never had a problem and its quick and easy to use. Just make sure you always scan your downloads;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This thread is getting "near to the knuckle" and while I'll agree P2P software can be used responsibly, and I hope your are, you won't mind if I close this thread.

We get the point. ;)

Edit by flops: Was thinking much the same thing myself Mr Mucks, even though I contributed, you pre-empted me. Grey area, this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question