Limewire is Shut Down! (I thought it was long time dead!)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Honestly, i really didn't know anyone still used that virus riddled POS anymore....

P2P file-sharing enabler LimeWire finally lost its long-running battle against music-industry heavy hitters on Tuesday. "As of today, we are required to stop distribution and support of LimeWire’s P2P file-sharing service as a result of a court-ordered injunction," reads a statement by Lime Company CEO George Searle on the company's website.

"Naturally, we're disappointed with this turn of events," Searle continues. Naturally.

The injunction was handed down by the US District Court for the Southern District of New York. It permanently enjoins and restrains LimeWire from distributing its client software.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10/26/limewire_is_gone/

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
See it on folks pc's all the time. Some folk just like to live on the edge
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
God I hate the thing. My bro used to install that sh!t back in the day when we only had one pc. I used to reinstall the whole system afterward.

Glad to see it gone.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I used it, never got me's a virus though because I know what I'm doing ;)

Oh well, shoot one down, another two pop up :D

Time to get frosteeeeee.......

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats the thing Flops, you get kids looking for something and see 'songname.mp3.exe' @ 30kbs and think, oh great just whta i've been looking for! You can guess the rest. :D

lolol

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It was the worst website ever in my opinion, I have seen scores of PC's folks owned where this software service was used and their PC's never functioned well.