Lightning strikes The Shard

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Caught on camera, the Shard was hit by lightning during yesterday's storms.

[YouTube]bpW6MlXg8lc[/YouTube]

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Just saw this on YouTube this morning. The storm in London was awesome yesterday :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was near the top of that building to the right of the Shard on Tuesday having holes in my remaining molars filled up.

Being that tall I suppose the Shard is very attractive to Mr Lightning bolt. Which just happens to be the name of the newest Pearl Jam album that I have on vinyl. No, not 'Shard' the name of the LP is Lightning Bolt. You all wanted to know that didn't you?

I was soldering at a table next to my patio door when it went almost like night time, the sky turned a dark battleship grey and rain drops the size of small saucers plip plopped down, making a very audible impact on the paving stones.

Then flish flash wallop, thunder and lightning, very very frightening me.

Twenty minutes later after the monsoon, the sun came out. That was good :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Always one of the first places that will be hit.

Hope they have a sturdy lightening conductor. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
It has also been entertaining reading the YouTube comments that seem to think this is fake :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep I see that too I wasn't far from there either and it went almost dusk as black clouds swept in and it reaked it down big time thunder was super loud too!

Ask a Question