Licensing

N

I keep getting the message in my event log

Source: LicenseService
EventID: 202
The product Windows Server is out of licenses. Use License Manager from the Administrative Tools folder for more information on which users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased.

How can I get rid of it?

I have got 4 servers all with a valid license and it looks like i have 4 licenses in the licensing tool. All of the clients have a license for Win2k

Thanks

Al

D

Danny Sanders

How many Client Access licenses do you have? How many clients?

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

The product Windows Server is out of licenses. Use License Manager from the Administrative Tools folder for more information on which users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased.

How can I get rid of it?

I have got 4 servers all with a valid license and it looks like i have 4 licenses in the licensing tool. All of the clients have a license for Win2k

Thanks

Al

N

I only have server licenses listed in the licensing tool
but I have 35 clients and 35 client licenses
do these have to go in the licensing tool on the server as well?

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Al

D

Danny Sanders

Yes they should, that is what this is for Client access Licenses.

FYI, It *really* doesn't work as expected. You can stop and disable License logging service and keep track of your licenses manually.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
I only have server licenses listed in the licensing tool
but I have 35 clients and 35 client licenses
do these have to go in the licensing tool on the server as well?

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Al

Ask a Question