lexmark x63 cartridge

hsiacc

I just received a Lexmark X63 with a new, unopened color ink. Don't
know the age of either. Unit powered on, says to change color
cartridge. So I did. Then it said no cartridge changed. Tried
reinstalling it a couple times, still says no cartridge changed. Does
it sense ink level or some other thing? Maybe the ink is dried out in
the new cartridge (it prints, but not very high quality) so it still
senses low ink level. Before I shell out $30 on a new cartridge I want
to make sure it's not the hardware...Anyone with experience with
useful info to share is greatly appreciated.

Branwynn

It is not worth it. Buy a Canon IP4300 for about $60.00 on sale with
rebate.

It's very easy quoting a price when you're just making it up.

Fry's has it for $100.

Best Buy has it (on sale, $5 off) - $95.

Name the national chain which carries it for $60?

measekite

Branwynn wrote:

measekite <[email protected]> wrote in news:9hh7i.24545$JZ3.16324 @newssvr13.news.prodigy.net:

It is not worth it. Buy a Canon IP4300 for about $60.00 on sale with rebate.

It's very easy quoting a price when you're just making it up.

It is quite apparent that idiots do not read ads in the newspaper or online.  Frys at two different times had this on sale for $80.00 (frequently) plus they offered a $20.00 rebate and that for those who can do the math means $60.00.

Fry's has it for $100. Best Buy has it (on sale, $5 off) - $95. Name the national chain which carries it for $60?

Frys

[email protected] wrote:

I just received a Lexmark X63 with a new, unopened color ink. Don't know the age of either. Unit powered on, says to change color cartridge. So I did. Then it said no cartridge changed. Tried reinstalling it a couple times, still says no cartridge changed. Does it sense ink level or some other thing? Maybe the ink is dried out in the new cartridge (it prints, but not very high quality) so it still senses low ink level. Before I shell out $30 on a new cartridge I want to make sure it's not the hardware...Anyone with experience with useful info to share is greatly appreciated.

Branwynn

measekite wrote............
Buy a Canon IP4300 for about $60.00 on sale with rebate.

The printer is $100 at Fry's, not $60. Quote the current price, not what
you once may have seen advertised, somewhere, some year. Information
like that is useless to someone who may need a printer now. If you know
which national chain has it for $60, speak up, or shut up.

hsiacc

I'm actually interested in the copying and faxing capabilities more
than computer printing. I need some frequent copying and faxing
abilities for the next few months, and don't want to run to Kinkos
every time (and pay color copy or fax rates). But it's only for the
next few months so I didn't want to make a $60 or $100 investment for
a new AIO device. Plus I already have a nice Epson R320 printer.
That's why I was hoping this X63 can satisfy my needs just for a
while...

So, still, does anyone know if I can somehow reset the low ink message
or confirm that the cartridge is the culprit?

Brendan R. Wehrung

Branwynn said:
measekite wrote............

The printer is $100 at Fry's, not $60. Quote the current price, not what
you once may have seen advertised, somewhere, some year. Information
like that is useless to someone who may need a printer now. If you know
which national chain has it for $60, speak up, or shut up.

The measekite-O just likes to hear himself buzz.

Does Canon make flyswatters?

Brendan

Brendan R. Wehrung

I just received a Lexmark X63 with a new, unopened color ink. Don't
know the age of either. Unit powered on, says to change color
cartridge. So I did. Then it said no cartridge changed. Tried
reinstalling it a couple times, still says no cartridge changed. Does
it sense ink level or some other thing? Maybe the ink is dried out in
the new cartridge (it prints, but not very high quality) so it still
senses low ink level. Before I shell out $30 on a new cartridge I want
to make sure it's not the hardware...Anyone with experience with
useful info to share is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to clean the contacts? I have a Z65 (stand-alone printer,
not an all-in-one) and seem to recall that being recommended as a
troubleshooting measure. Lexmkrk inks tend to dry up, even in a new
cartridge, but I always managded to bring mine back for the session buy
wetting a folded up paper tower and patting the nozzles (if you must wipe,
do it in the direction of printing, not ups and down). Print the text
print instead of the nozzle clear, which uses tons of ink.

I haven't contacted lexmark in a couple of years so i don't know if their
phone service has gone up, down or sideways, but I used to call
1-800-LEXMARK and got a real person. If you still have the box they can
tell you when the cart was manufactured.

Brendan

hsiacc

I cleaned both cartridges with 91% alcohol. Didn't help with the error
message, but probably helped with the print quality. I find the scan/
copy color reproduction to be very poor. Tried calibrating the scanner
a few times with clean sheet of paper and didn't help. Maybe I should
try bright white paper. But that's another topic.

I did find a procedure online to clear the memory and that did the
trick. Here it is, may help someone in the future:

Open lid, take both cartridges out.
Physically remove the power cord from outlet or back of unit.
While pressing the Stop/Clear button, plug cord back and kee pressing
until a message saying "clearing memory" comes on.
Reinstall ink.
You're done, the message should go away.

measekite

This is just another in a long line of posters writing about problems because they do not use the recommended supplies that their printer manual calls for.  Yes the poster probably spend less money but here is what he got:

1. Frustration
2. Aggravation
3. Wasted Time
4. Lower Print Quality
5. Less Longevity
6. No Tech Suppt
7. Possible increase in print head clogging

[email protected] wrote:

I cleaned both cartridges with 91% alcohol. Didn't help with the error message, but probably helped with the print quality. I find the scan/ copy color reproduction to be very poor. Tried calibrating the scanner a few times with clean sheet of paper and didn't help. Maybe I should try bright white paper. But that's another topic. I did find a procedure online to clear the memory and that did the trick. Here it is, may help someone in the future: Open lid, take both cartridges out. Physically remove the power cord from outlet or back of unit. While pressing the Stop/Clear button, plug cord back and kee pressing until a message saying "clearing memory" comes on. Reinstall ink. You're done, the message should go away. On May 31, 12:29 am, [email protected] (Brendan R. Wehrung) wrote: