Lexmark printer paper feeder

Reaction score
My Lexmark E232 will not feed the paper. I can print if I use the manual feeder from the front, but it won't pull the paper from the tray. The paper icon lights up.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
sounds like there is an issue with the rollers.

does it pick up paper with a high stack and then gradually decrease ability to pick up as the pile decreases in count or just not pick up paper ever?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It does not feed at all. Tried various amounts of paper in tray,
but had no luck with any of it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
sounds like "shiny roller syndrome" ... how easy is it to get to the paper-pick-up rollers & clean them?

They look like wheels, simply and carefully remove the rubber bits, turn inside out, replace ... alternately, clean them, be very careful what liquid you use, if any, look at the manual, it may recommend something. :)

they look like these :cool:

[edit] oh, you have a warning light ???

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this. I'm not mechanical at all, but I turned the printer on its
side, found the wheels and turned the rubber rings inside out.

Now I can use the tray to feed. I now get the error light coming on each time after printing, but it still prints and works well. You just have to hit the blue light (continue) and it prints. I see that the error light refers to a secondary error, have tried loosening or tightening the paper in the tray. For now, this error light is not doing any damage, so I'm not worrying about it. Thank you again. You are a dream.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
well, glad you got it running ... sort of :)

do you have the Manual? it may help solve the light error. Start at page 50. :D

:user:

Ask a Question