Lens quality's

Reaction score
I want to buy some lenses for my Sony F828. I have been looking at Opteka are they any good?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What kind of lens are you looking at? Can you provide a link? :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd stay away from that deal/lens. It would be a total waste of money. Something very important is missing from the specs, the the aperture! The complete page talks about many things but the specs in detail. The most powerful telephoto lens cannot be at that price ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I assume you are looking for a telephoto? I would stick to the accessory lens if supplied by Sony for the F828, that should be your best bet. Since F828 is not an SLR the choice would be rather limited. Is the built in lens not sufficient for your needs?

Reaction score
Yeah its ok I guess however, I just want a little more oomph!

I've been looking for Macros aswell as I find it a little awkward on doin really good closeups

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
You seem to be trying to do things with the Sony which would be much easier if you had an SLR :) I guess you should start to think about upgrading to one if you need the flexibility. I know it is not a small expense upgrading but the truth is you seem to be having the skills and the interest to explore but the Sony is prooving to be a bottleneck.

Ever thought of selling the sony and upgrading?

Reaction score
I would but im not really into it that much to go spending an extra 400 - 500 pounds on something I dont use everyday.

I wouldnt get that much for the camera now maybe 300 - 400 if im lucky which is pretty much nearly half price. Not worth it imo

I think i'll just make do for another couple of years, after all it is a damn good camera for what I need to do from a amatuar perspective if you know what I mean ?

Thanks anyway m8 I appreciate your input ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I understand ;) Yes use it for a while and get the most out of it. When time comes you can consider something more flexible.

Reaction score
They are cool shots m8. I missed those

I have one of those Helios Lens aswell. Bit of a problem fitting it onto my 58mm Sony thread tho?

I also have the Prakticar x2 convertor and a Helios 135mm zoom

Shame I cant use them :(

Last edited:

Ask a Question