LCD Monitor Recommendations...

Reaction score
Hi everyone, nice looking site you've got :)

I'm looking for an LCD monitor that has as NARROW a viewing angle as possible.

Has anyone any ideas? Or is there a filter I could put on that would stop people who may walk past the desk (we're crammed in the office a bit like sardines) from seeing what may be on the screen?

Cheers,

Ad

Reaction score
tsk tsk... looking at naughty sites in employers time are we?? ;)

Err... The LG ones aren't particulary wide...

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
tsk tsk... looking at naughty sites in employers time are we?? ;)

Lol!!! No, it's for the personnel department, the desk isn't ideally situated as anyone walking past could potentially see confidential information.

I've found the privacy filter things that attach to the front, but I wondered if any had this feature built into them?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont think you'll find an LCD with a very narrow viewing angle for sale on a consumer level - apart from very old ones. Why not just put a small 2" barrier around the whole screen if you must stop people from viewing, banks do that?

Reaction score
i would doubt it as most people want as wide a viewing angle as possible... for movies etc...

Your best (and cheapest) bet is to pick one of these filters up i guess. If you don't already have a TFT, the L1730P 17" TFT monitor is very good, but the viewing angle isn't brilliant. I have one.

Hope that helps

Chris

Oh and by the way, welcome to PCR

Reaction score
You know, I can't beleive I've only just stumbled accross the site, it looks like I'll be spending a massive amount of time here, thanks for the welcome!!

I think the filter thing is probably going to be the way to go. Ok, it's the same cost as buying a new cheap LCD monitor (about £130 for a 17" one) but hey it's not MY money :)

Ad

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Unless you use a privacy filter or a very old LCD you aint gonna have much luck.

The modern TFT/LCD manufacturers are all striving to improve the viewing angle of their monitors, for obvious reasons.

You could try decreasing the brightness/contrast of the screen but the operator may not like you.

;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice muckshifter :) Privacy filter is the way we're going on this

Ad

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
good ol piece of paper would work wonders here;)

Reaction score
u could try and find a memory erasin stick (like in men in black) and everytime sum1 walks past ure computer it flashes and............. okay lol im being silly
monitor related question
I seen one for £150 TFT 17" 10ms reaction time, 1280x1024, 500:1 contrast
is that good for gaming?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
What should one set their Refresh rates to any way??

Reaction score
Alf said:
What should one set their Refresh rates to any way??

Personally I feel the higher the better. It mainly depends on the monitor though - I've not seen a TFT yet that can handle a refresh rate of higher than 85Hz.

On the flip side I can't personally work on anything less than 75Hz, as anything slower than that (eg 60 Hz) and I can actually see the screen refreshing (my eyes are failing me!)

If you're talking Graphics Cards, you need one with as much memory as possible - especially if gaming!! The refresh rate though is determined by the monitor IIRC and so is limited by the maximum resolution. I'd normally set to the maximum it can handle anyway.

Ad

Ask a Question