• Laurel

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Yanny

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have any of you listened to the audio clip that has been posted all over the place this past couple of days?:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-44136799

Becky played it to me yesterday and asked what I could hear - I can only hear "Yanny"... while she hears "Laurel". I must have listened to it 20 times to try and see how on earth that was the case, until reading the more detailed explanation on freq.

Give it a listen and vote on what you can hear! Try it on someone else if you can, and hopefully it'll be a different result!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I don't hear anything, than I found the audio clip.

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This was all over Reddit a few days ago, its Laurel!

Edit: Science.

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The funny thing is, Ian's hearing is terrible! He has his phone volume so loud that I can always hear both sides of the conversation. So it's slightly galling that he can hear Yanny and I can't! :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I hear "Yanny" so I must have young ears. But I know, from my age, that I have old ears. :D

Is science always correct? I was always taught to query EVERYTHING. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well this is interesting. I heard a very definite laurel, in every clip that I listened to. But then I asked my OH to listen - without giving him any clues at all. He heard Yanni, very clearly. :eek:

Edit: I forgot to mention that my OH has some hearing loss, so must be some significance in that.

Ask a Question