Latest on the PS3 Controller

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Remember this? The original prototype of the new Playstation 3 controller.

ps3_screen008.jpg

Thankfully Sony have had the good sense to keep it as close to the original 'Dual Shock' Playstation 2 controller as is possible.

The new 'pad' will look very similer to the old PS2 pad, with a few benifits of the latest technology like bluetooth rather than wired pads. But the insides will be cutting edge technology!

The PS3 Controller uses a breakthrough technology called 'Six-Axis Sensing System' This is simillier to the Nintendo Wii's pad.

In a nutshell it means you will be able to twist, turn, thrust and wave your controller around in the air to control what happens on screen!

For more click the link below and goto the 'News and Features' section on t he main menu.

http://uk.playstation.com/pdcf/index.jhtml?locale=en_GB

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very interesting to build in accelerometers into a pad, not sure how they could be used but will be fun trying to understand it ;) Wireless is a great bonus though :thumb:

I just wish I could get used to consoles. I use Becky's xBox sometimes, but only for 2 games!

Ask a Question