Latest driver for Realtek 2832u

Man-wai Chang

Anyone? :)

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 01:17:02 up 2:45 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

Rene Lamontagne

Google.

"Man-wai Chang" wrote in message

Anyone? :)

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 01:17:02 up 2:45 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

Man-wai Chang

Want one newer than year 2009! :)

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 02:17:02 up 3:45 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

Paul

Man-wai Chang said:

"The RTL2832U is a high-performance DVB-T COFDM demodulator that supports a USB 2.0 interface."

"The RTL2832U supports tuners at IF (Intermediate Frequency, 36.125MHz), low-IF (4.57MHz),
or Zero-IF output using a 28.8MHz crystal, and includes FM/DAB/DAB+ Radio Support.
Embedded with an advanced ADC (Analog-to-Digital Converter), the RTL2832U features
high stability in portable reception."

"Applications

* Portable DTV device
* USB dongle"

*******

The USB dongle will have multiple chips in it. There will be
a serial EEPROM with config data, and identities for the other
hardware components. If there is a silicon tuner, it won't
necessarily have its own plug and play.

In short, the driver comes from the dongle manufacturer, and
no one else. Otherwise, a generic driver is going to need
a "big table of tuners", in order to understand all the
different designs possible.

The serial EEPROM, may also include a custom VID and PID, and
searching on those on the web, may uncover a driver. Or rather,
a bunch of drivers, of which only one will work properly. You
can use UVCView to get the VID and PID.

You can also try Device Manager (devmgmt.msc). Find the
USB entry in Device Manager, then select the "Details" tab.
When I do that here, for my USB to RS232 adapter, the VID
and PID are listed for me.

If you know the brand of the device, it's probably faster
to go to the dongle manufacturers site and get the driver
for it there.

There are some VID and PID values listed here, but this
list is far from complete, because it is not an "official"
list. The official list is secret.

http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

Paul

Nil

Just a thought, and you must reeeaaally stretch your imagination to
accept the possibility: maybe - just maybe - the manufacturer, who I
suspect might be Realtek, would possibly be the best source for
Realtek drivers. A long shot, I know...

Man-wai Chang

In short, the driver comes from the dongle manufacturer, and
no one else. Otherwise, a generic driver is going to need
a "big table of tuners", in order to understand all the
different designs possible.

Too bad... too bad....

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 03:12:02 up 4:40 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

Man-wai Chang

Just a thought, and you must reeeaaally stretch your imagination to
accept the possibility: maybe - just maybe - the manufacturer, who I
suspect might be Realtek, would possibly be the best source for
Realtek drivers. A long shot, I know...

Yes. Something like display card drivers would be great. Dongle
manufacturers tend to lock their software to only their dongles.

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 03:12:02 up 4:40 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

Mike Easter

Mike said:
Here's allegedly a linux one

Here's a bunch of product links:

// You'll find the RTL2832U in a broad range of products, like these:

* DeLOCK USB 2.0 DVB-T Receiver 61744
* LifeView/Not Only TV DVB-T USB DELUXE LV5TDELUXE
* GIGABYTE USB Digital TV Dongle U7300
* Consons USB ISDB-T Dongle CN601B and CN602B
* Sandberg Mini DVB-T Dongle
//

At the link
http://forums.fluxmedia.net/centraf...-radio-centrafuse-right-realtek-rtl2832u.html

.... each of those products has its corresponding link.

Paul

Mike said:
Here's a bunch of product links:

// You'll find the RTL2832U in a broad range of products, like these:

* DeLOCK USB 2.0 DVB-T Receiver 61744
* LifeView/Not Only TV DVB-T USB DELUXE LV5TDELUXE
* GIGABYTE USB Digital TV Dongle U7300
* Consons USB ISDB-T Dongle CN601B and CN602B
* Sandberg Mini DVB-T Dongle
//

At the link
http://forums.fluxmedia.net/centraf...-radio-centrafuse-right-realtek-rtl2832u.html

... each of those products has its corresponding link.

I saw a mention of GNUradio (as in SDR or software defined radio)
as another means to talk to devices like that.

I found a couple pictures of dongles and their internals.

http://xgazza.altervista.org/Linux/DVB/dikom_dvbt.JPG

http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/rtl-sdr/ezcap_top.jpg

The second chip (on the left) is a tuner. I could see four signals
(looked like two differential pairs) and I couldn't figure out what those
might be for. I figured, perhaps something digital went across
there. But in the picture here, it looks like it might be
analog. I and Q differential pairs.

http://www.elonics.com/product.do?id=1

The I and Q can be encoded in QAM, to explain what the tuner
is sending to the RealTek chip. The RealTek chip converts it
back into digital data.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/QAM16_Demonstration.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qam

The tuner in the example, has an I2C (control) bus, and that would connect
to the RealTek chip. If the tuner followed some standard, then
a custom driver wouldn't be needed for the RealTek. If the elonics
tuner works different than competing products, then there'd be different
drivers for the different products.

Paul

VanguardLH

Anyone WHAT? You don't even state what you want or are looking for. A
reference driver for just the chip or the hardware-level driver for a
particular implemenation that incorporates that chip?

A worthless response since Rene didn't bother to check or show that a
Google search will actually find anything. If pushing off an inquiry to
a search engine, provide the search criteria to prove that method works!

Rene's post was a "I wanna participate but do so badly" response.
Want one newer than year 2009! :)

Then you already know something that you didn't admit, like somehow you
know there is a later dated driver. You don't even mention if you
bothered to check the hardware manufacturer's web site for support
downloads, like drivers, for whatever hardware in which the Realtek
2832u is incorporated.

You might get lucky in using the reference driver from the chip maker
(Realtek), you might not. Once deployed in hardware, the design could
be a simple implementation of the chip; however, some functions may not
be utilitized in a particular implementation. Also, ancilliary hardware
may add onto the over functionality beyond that provided by the chip.
So you should first go the hardware maker (where within the chip is
implemented) to see what driver they provide. You can risk using the
reference driver, assuming one is available, from the chip maker but the
hardware product may not function or function incompletely.

Rene Lamontagne

"VanguardLH" wrote in message

Anyone WHAT? You don't even state what you want or are looking for. A
reference driver for just the chip or the hardware-level driver for a
particular implemenation that incorporates that chip?

A worthless response since Rene didn't bother to check or show that a
Google search will actually find anything. If pushing off an inquiry to
a search engine, provide the search criteria to prove that method works!

Rene's post was a "I wanna participate but do so badly" response.

Vanguard, Ah Gee, try Bing if google don't suit you.

Rene

Man-wai Chang

// You'll find the RTL2832U in a broad range of products, like these:
* DeLOCK USB 2.0 DVB-T Receiver 61744
* LifeView/Not Only TV DVB-T USB DELUXE LV5TDELUXE
* GIGABYTE USB Digital TV Dongle U7300
* Consons USB ISDB-T Dongle CN601B and CN602B
* Sandberg Mini DVB-T Dongle
//

At the link
http://forums.fluxmedia.net/centraf...-radio-centrafuse-right-realtek-rtl2832u.html

Thanks

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 15:51:02 up 17:18 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

Man-wai Chang

I saw a mention of GNUradio (as in SDR or software defined radio)
as another means to talk to devices like that.

Doesn't look like a usable program?

Doesn't support DAB+?

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 16:11:02 up 17:38 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):

Man-wai Chang

* Sandberg Mini DVB-T Dongle

This is it!!! It works with Mygica TD-312!!!

Thank you very much!!!

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 16:41:02 up 18:08 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
èž± (CSSA):

Man-wai Chang

Found a more recent one (inside the zip):

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/att...-play-with-dab-option-rtl2832_radiator_t1.zip

--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 15 i686) Linux 3.2.13
^ ^ 23:54:02 up 2 days 1:21 0 users load average: 0.01 0.04 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):