LAN -> XP Home & Win 98se file sharing - Don't want to play!

G

I have three computers all connected through a D-LINK Wireless Broadband Router, DHCP is enabled. I'm am hard connected with Ethernet cable with all computer for this example.

The XP Machine "Barbie" (Laptop w/ Ethernet bridge) DOES NOT see the Win98sc machine "Family", DOES NOT Start Run \\Family\family or \\192.168.0.104, but DOES PING 192.168.0.10

The XP Machine "Barbie" sees the WinME machine "Bad Bud" and ping

The WinME machine "Bad Bud" sees both XP Machine "Barbie" and Win98sc machine "Family" and pings both
The Win98sc machine "Family" sees both XP Machine "Barbie" and WinME machine "Bad Bud" and pings both

Workgroup is "WORKGROUP" for all three machines. I'm sure ICF is not enabled (or available?) on the XP machine

No internet issues with any machine

What's the issue with XP Home and Win98se on the LAN?

H

Hans-Georg Michna

MikeDinWP said:
I have three computers all connected through a D-LINK Wireless Broadband Router, DHCP is enabled. I'm am hard connected with Ethernet cable with all computer for this example.

The XP Machine "Barbie" (Laptop w/ Ethernet bridge) DOES NOT see the Win98sc machine "Family", DOES NOT Start Run \\Family\family or \\192.168.0.104, but DOES PING 192.168.0.104

The XP Machine "Barbie" sees the WinME machine "Bad Bud" and pings

The WinME machine "Bad Bud" sees both XP Machine "Barbie" and Win98sc machine "Family" and pings both.
The Win98sc machine "Family" sees both XP Machine "Barbie" and WinME machine "Bad Bud" and pings both.

Workgroup is "WORKGROUP" for all three machines. I'm sure ICF is not enabled (or available?) on the XP machine.

No internet issues with any machine.

What's the issue with XP Home and Win98se on the LAN?

Mike,

please have a look at http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNetwork.htm.

Hans-Georg

Ask a Question