Label Wizard trouble

G

We recently installed Access 2003 and the Label Wizard doesn't work properly. When I want to preview my mailing labels, a dialog box prompts me to Enter Parameter Value and the word "trim" appears above the box where I'm supposed to enter a parameter value. I don't know what to type in for a parameter. I never used to get this dialog box when I used this database in earlier versions of Access. If I don't type in a parameter and just click O.K., my label report comes up with #Error on the lines with more than one field. Here is how the label wizard designed my report

=Trim([Salutation] & " " & [FirstName] & " " & [LastName]
OrganizationNam
Addres
=Trim([City] & ", " & [State] & " " & [PostalCode]

A mailing label report generated in a previous version of Access looked like this

=Trim([Salutation] & " " & [FirstName] & " " & [LastName]
=Trim([OrganizationName]
=Trim([Address]
=Trim([City] & ", " & [State] & " " & [PostalCode]

This report worked in the earlier version of Acces, but it now appears with #Error on every line of the preview

Why is Access 2003 formatting the label design differently and what do I need to enter in the Enter Parameter Value dialog box to eliminate the error messages

Thank you.

F

fredg

We recently installed Access 2003 and the Label Wizard doesn't work properly. When I want to preview my mailing labels, a dialog box prompts me to Enter Parameter Value and the word "trim" appears above the box where I'm supposed to enter a parameter value. I don't know what to type in for a parameter. I never used to get this dialog box when I used this database in earlier versions of Access. If I don't type in a parameter and just click O.K., my label report comes up with #Error on the lines with more than one field. Here is how the label wizard designed my report:

=Trim([Salutation] & " " & [FirstName] & " " & [LastName])
OrganizationName
Address
=Trim([City] & ", " & [State] & " " & [PostalCode])

A mailing label report generated in a previous version of Access looked like this:

=Trim([Salutation] & " " & [FirstName] & " " & [LastName])
=Trim([OrganizationName])
=Trim([Address])
=Trim([City] & ", " & [State] & " " & [PostalCode])

This report worked in the earlier version of Acces, but it now appears with #Error on every line of the preview.

Why is Access 2003 formatting the label design differently and what do I need to enter in the Enter Parameter Value dialog box to eliminate the error messages?

Thank you.

You have a missing reference.
Open any module in Design view.
On the Tools menu, click References.
Click to clear the check box for the type library or object library
marked as "Missing:."

An alternative to removing the reference is to restore the referenced
file to the path specified in the References dialog box. If the
referenced file is in a new location, clear the "Missing:" reference
and create a new reference to the file in its new folder.

See Microsoft KnowledgeBase articles:
283115 'ACC2002: References That You Must Set When You Work with
Microsoft Access'
Or for Access 97:
175484 'References to Set When Working With Microsoft Access' for
the correct ones needed,
and
160870 'VBA Functions Break in Database with Missing References' for
how to reset a missing one.

Ask a Question