Label filter disabled

S

Stacy

I have a pivot table connected to an Analysis Services database. When I
click on the arrow in the Field Caption, the label filter is disabled. All
of the value filters except Top 10 area also disabled. Sometimes they are
enabled. I need them to always be enabled. Any idea why they're grayed out?

A

Anne Rocco

We are having the same issue with the Excel Value and Label Filters being grayed out when connecting to an Analysis Services cube. It is also is behaving differently on different user machines.

I saw that you posted this question in multiple places, were you able to find out any information.

Anything you can share would be helpful.

Thanks!

A

Anne Rocco

We are having the same issue with the Excel Value and Label Filters being grayed out when connecting to an Analysis Services cube. It is also is behaving differently on different user machines.

I saw that you posted this question in multiple places, were you able to find out any information.

Anything you can share would be helpful.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Was trying to figure this out... found this in the help page in excel:
You cannot filter by label, date or time, value, or top or bottom numbers if the PivotTable data source is an OLAP database that does not support the MDX expression subselect syntax.

Did some googling, found the answer on microsoft blog
Fixed it on my workbook (excel 2007, XP pro) by saving as a macro-enabled workbook, or xlsx instead of 97-03 (my default)

Hope this helps

Ask a Question