Kevin Keegan new Newcastle manager

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This probably won't interest any non-football types ;)

Well, I didn't think I'd ever see Kevin Keegan as Newcastle manager - but it has happened :eek:

Talk about a blast from the past :D

Reaction score
Think it's a good move by Newcastle.
Keegan is respected by the fans for what he's done in the past.
And if Shearer comes in to assist in some way then it may look promising.

That said apart from the Inter-Toto Cup nothing has been won in years!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I`m sorry ..his appointment is terrible.
Ferguson , Wenger and the like know his tactics inside out...attack attack attack...score 1 concede 3 ..in my opinion Mr Ashley is spending too much time with the fans ...He may be good at selling sports stuff but ..stick to that ...

Newcastle`s squad is simply not good enough..they may even struggle tonight against a real football team..

"Come on you Potters"

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I forgot you were a Stoke fan :D

His appointment is ideally suited, because as you say it was all attack - we are certainly no good at defending :lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Still time

10 men Newcastle United 4-0 Stoke City​

:(

aaaahhh well ..maybe next year
happywave.gif

back to normal service​

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
4-1 in the end :)

But wow... Havant & Waterlooville 4 Swansea 2!!! Now that was unexpected :eek: I love seeing small teams get through, it's what the cup is all about! Liverpool next though I think.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Kevin Keegan resigns..​

parting mesage ...​

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible.​
"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want.​

"It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave."​

By Rush​
in my opinion Mr Ashley is spending too much time with the fans ...He may be good at selling sports stuff but ..stick to that ...​

maybe i was right all along :(

Tyneside for me does not need a passionate manager , He just gets embroilled with fans feelings ..what they need is a board who lets the manager get on with his job....for me Denis Wise would be good..(but ashley bought him in (puppet ? ..hope not )no north connection , doesn`t take any crap and was a serious football fighter( the kind geordies like). Alan Shearer ..no way..​

so who ???​

I have a few names ..will post soon​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well for a second there I thought he was back because some beleive that he may come back as early as next week.

It is a total joke the chairman has got to get his act together they go through more managers than harlots go through their clients. What they need is consistency, the rolling stone never gathers no moss.

Ask a Question