Kernel32.dll error in XP

G

I am trying to help my father solve a couple problems he is having with his computer, which runs XP Home Edition. When he starts the computer he gets the message "Memory access violation in module kernel32 at..." (each time he logs in the number that follows is different). He can just close the error message window and go on with using the computer with no apparent issue except one. At about the same time that this issue started occuring, the Juno email program he uses started giving him an error message that it had "repaired" a problem but in fact the program is inoperable.

Could these issues be related? I looked for help on kernel32.dll and the MS Windows site says that kernel32 is a windows 95, 98 or ME feature and makes no mention of XP.

T

Taurarian

At a guess, I would say you have a variation of the Swen Virus either A B or C
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=36939

MarkJ said:
I am trying to help my father solve a couple problems he is having with his
computer, which runs XP Home Edition. When he starts the computer he gets the
message "Memory access violation in module kernel32 at..." (each time he logs in
the number that follows is different). He can just close the error message
window and go on with using the computer with no apparent issue except one. At
about the same time that this issue started occuring, the Juno email program he
uses started giving him an error message that it had "repaired" a problem but in
fact the program is inoperable.
Could these issues be related? I looked for help on kernel32.dll and the MS
Windows site says that kernel32 is a windows 95, 98 or ME feature and makes no
mention of XP.

Ask a Question