Windows Vista Keeps Crashing

Reaction score
jmp1518 said:
CoreTemp-Scr.jpg

Safe tempratures i'd say

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
51C at idle, whats it like at load, 80C easy i bet.

Run the three most intense programs you have then run the temps again. try and get the load over 80% on each core.

That will give us a better idea.

Reaction score
wizkid said:
You can download this tool here that will stress the CPU, run it for about 10mins then post back the temps again, I have used is under Vista with no problems.

http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm

Wiz

Well the test failed haha. That can't be good.

Using CPU #1
Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
Press Stop to end this test.
Test 1, 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922945 using 1024K FFT length.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Torture Test ran 4 minutes 49 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Execution halted.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well its more than likely an overheating issue then.

Hopefully MadX will pop along and tell you how to clean it out as its probably dust, laptops are his baby really.

The RAM could be kinda loose as well but without looking atr it its kinda hard to be sure.

Reaction score
OK. Thanks. I've been trying to install XP over vista but I'm kind of stupid ha. I was going to do that instead just incase it's a RAM issue. I can't figure it out though. :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Installing one OS over another to "fix" a possible RAM problem is just asking for more of the same.

To me, you have a hardware problem, you need to contact Dell.

How old is this system?

You have a lot of "junk" software loading on a machine that really could do with more memory ... try "decrapifying" if mem is not the problem. Hell, 'decrapify' anyway.

Good luck!

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
None of you seem to have noticed that the temperature is going DOWN as the load increases.

51C at 8% and 45C at 36%. Nice trick, wish my cpu temps went down under load. Maybe it is not important.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
As Mucks ssays you do have a lot of crap on there..Try decrapifying it. Just becasue you aren't using an application, doesn't mean its not using some memory resource..To me it honestly sounds like you have a problem with memory..I know one of the Media players you have installed uses a lot of RAM and can put even Duo Core through a bit of strain..

Is the laptop still under warrenty..? If so send it back..That's what warrenties are there for..Installing another OS is not a remedy, more like a remedy for desaster...

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
None of you seem to have noticed that the temperature is going DOWN as the load increases.

51C at 8% and 45C at 36%. Nice trick, wish my cpu temps went down under load. Maybe it is not important.

happywave.gif

Actually quite important..Means all the bits and pieces are working properly..Fan speed should adjust as the CPU gets hotter ie under more load..Fans on my crap Acer don't come on until the CPU is at about 65% load ad even then its only running about 40 degrees
Again i'll say t is a software issue with memory not ben able to cope..

Reaction score
I would also suggest removing software that you don't use then I woould do a recovery on the computer this will bring it back to factory settings. However you will loose all your data so I would back it up frist. If the issue still happnes then I would open the laptop up if OOW the you can reseat the Memory, then clean the system fans.

Regards,

Wiz

Ask a Question