    Kaspersky?
    Thank you much in advance.

    Hank

    Hank, Oct 11, 2004

  2. > Could someone please inform me of the correct English pronunciation of
    > Kaspersky?
    > Thank you much in advance.
    >
    > Hank

    seems straightforward enough. Cas-per-ski

    Carl Farrington, Oct 11, 2004

  3. The Great Debate of the Century (was Re: Kaspersky Pronunciation)

    --
    Laura Fredericks
    PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

    Usenet Flamewars:
    http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/usenet/

    Remove CLOTHES to reply.

    Laura Fredericks, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Re: The Great Debate of the Century (was Re: Kaspersky Pronunciation)

    Laura Fredericks wrote:

    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:56:25 +0100, "Carl Farrington"
    > <> wrote in post:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:47:54 GMT, "Hank" wrote:
    >>> Could someone please inform me of the correct English
    >>> pronunciation of Kaspersky?

    >> seems straightforward enough. Cas-per-ski

    > Okay, genius, for those of who have never attended an av
    > conference, please tell us...

    calm down sweetie. Kaspersky is straight forward, in that I can't see any
    other way of pronouncing it.

    > Is it MAC-a-fee or ma-KAFF-ee?

    I've always pronounced it as Mc-aff-ee.

    > And what about "Zvi Netiv"? Is it ze-VEE, ZEH-vee, or something
    > else, entirely? (Hey Zvi, you can answer this, too, lol!)
    >
    > (Really! Who cares?! As long as you buy their programs,
    > right?!)
    >
    > P.S. And what about <snicker> "4Q"? Is it four-KYOO,
    > FORKED-yoo or ****-YOU? :-D
    >
    > P.P.S. Fwiw, it's "fred-er-icks". ;-)

    Stay off the booze Laura.

    Laura Fredericks, Oct 12, 2004
  6. Hank

    Zvi Netiv Guest

    Laura Fredericks <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:56:25 +0100, "Carl Farrington"
    > <> wrote in post:
    > >
    > >On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:47:54 GMT, "Hank" wrote:
    > >>Could someone please inform me of the correct English
    > >>pronunciation of Kaspersky?

    > >seems straightforward enough. Cas-per-ski

    > Okay, genius, for those of who have never attended an av
    > conference, please tell us...
    >
    > Is it MAC-a-fee or ma-KAFF-ee?

    From the horse's mouth (John himself), it's pronounced McAfee. ;-)

    > And what about "Zvi Netiv"? Is it ze-VEE, ZEH-vee, or something
    > else, entirely? (Hey Zvi, you can answer this, too, lol!)

    It's pronounced tsvee. Germans would pronounce Zvi correctly.

    Cheers, Zvi

    Zvi Netiv, Oct 12, 2004
  7. Hank

    Heather Guest

    "Zvi Netiv" <support@replace_with_domain.com> wrote in message
    > Laura Fredericks <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Okay, genius, for those of who have never attended an av
    > > conference, please tell us...
    > >
    > > Is it MAC-a-fee or ma-KAFF-ee?

    > From the horse's mouth (John himself), it's pronounced McAfee. ;-)
    >
    > > And what about "Zvi Netiv"? Is it ze-VEE, ZEH-vee, or something
    > > else, entirely? (Hey Zvi, you can answer this, too, lol!)

    > It's pronounced tsvee. Germans would pronounce Zvi correctly.

    Ahhh......good. That is closer to what I was trying to say phonetically.
    My h'english was failing me, grin!! (must be my *tad* of German ancestry)

    Cheers to you too.....Heather

    Heather, Oct 12, 2004
  8. Re: The Great Debate of the Century (was Re: Kaspersky Pronunciation)

    Sure, Zion, Vuv Yuud. simple ;-)

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 12, 2004
  9. Re: The Great Debate of the Century (was Re: Kaspersky Pronunciation)

    --
    Laura Fredericks
    PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

    alt.comp.virus photo gallery:
    http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/acvgallery/

    Laura Fredericks, Oct 12, 2004
  10. Hank

    kurt wismer Guest

    Re: The Great Debate of the Century (was Re: Kaspersky Pronunciation)

    Laura Fredericks wrote:
    [snip]
    > P.S. And what about <snicker> "4Q"? Is it four-KYOO,
    > FORKED-yoo or ****-YOU? :-D

    i have it on good authority that it isn't "fork you"...

    --
    "maxwell can tell he's in hell
    just wants you to visit him there

    kurt wismer, Oct 13, 2004
  11. Hank

    kurt wismer Guest

    Zvi Netiv wrote:

    > It's pronounced tsvee. Germans would pronounce Zvi correctly.

    cool... i've been right all these years, and i don't even speak
    german...

    kurt wismer, Oct 13, 2004
  12. Re: The Great Debate of the Century (was Re: Kaspersky Pronunciation)

    "Carl Farrington" <> wrote in message news:ckf4nu$2o7$1$...
    > Laura Fredericks wrote:
    > >
    > > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:56:25 +0100, "Carl Farrington"
    > > <> wrote in post:

    > >> seems straightforward enough. Cas-per-ski

    > > Okay, genius, for those of who have never attended an av
    > > conference, please tell us...

    > calm down sweetie. Kaspersky is straight forward, in that I can't see any
    > other way of pronouncing it.
    >

    > > Is it MAC-a-fee or ma-KAFF-ee?

    > I've always pronounced it as Mc-aff-ee.

    Then how do we know if you're putting the em-PHASS-sis on the wrong syl-ABB-el? :)

    Miles Fromier, Oct 13, 2004
  13. "Hank" <> wrote in message
    > Could someone please inform me of the correct English pronunciation of
    > Kaspersky?
    > Thank you much in advance.

    I wish I knew. :)

    I've heard sales reps call it Kas-Perskee, Ka-Perskee, and Kasp-Erskee. I
    tend to call it Kas-Per-Sky. They should just change it to K-Labs.

    --
    Richard S. Westmoreland
    http://www.antisource.com

    Richard S. Westmoreland, Oct 13, 2004
  14. Re: The Great Debate of the Century (was Re: Kaspersky Pronunciation)

    Laura Fredericks, Oct 14, 2004