Windows XP Kaspersky antivirus takes long time to load

Reaction score
ai I had avast antivirus and I had no problems after installing kaspersky antivirus my computer takes 2 minutes to boot fully some software is conflicting with kaspersky can you help me in finding which one this is the list of the installed software in my computer you can tell me to uninstall anything(except encarta) and ask me to stop any service
1-pray.gif

7-Zip 4.58 beta
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Advanced Uninstaller PRO 2006 - version 7
Advanced WindowsCare Personal
Advanced WindowsCare Professional
AIMP2
Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 FREE
Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4.51
BabasChess
Bookup 2000 Express build 30
CCleaner (remove only)
CD Audio Reader Filter (remove only)
Chess Position Trainer 3.3
DC-Bass Source 1.1.1
Defraggler (remove only)
DScaler 5 Mpeg Decoders
Duke Nukem - Manhattan Project (DEMO v1.0.1)
foobar2000 v0.9.5.4
Foxit Reader
Free Download Manager 2.5
Google Talk (remove only)
Haali Media Splitter
High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111
HijackThis 2.0.2
Icy Tower v1.3.1
InstallShield for Microsoft Visual C++ 6
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009
KP Typing Tutor v3.2 Beta International Edition
Log2space Dialer 1.0
Malwarebytes' RogueRemover
McAfee SiteAdvisor
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft Encarta Premium 2008
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0.0 (Pre-Release 5348)
Microsoft Visual C Runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.3)
MSXML 6.0 Parser
MusicMatch Jukebox
Nero 8 Essentials
NSIS Tuxtype2 (remove only)
NVIDIA Drivers
Paint.NET v3.31
PowerISO
Python 2.5.2
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Recuva (remove only)
Samsung ML-1610 Series
SHOUTcast Source (remove only)
SpywareBlaster 4.1
SUPERAntiSpyware Professional
Unlocker 1.8.7
WebFldrs XP
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
WinPatrol 2008
WinSnap
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Tool bar

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

It might not be conflicting with anything, Kaspersky is well known for hogging resources.

It is more than likely running slowly because;

1. You don't have a lot of RAM (Memory) Kaspersky needs a fair bit and so do other applications, anything less than 1GB running XP or Vista and it will be slow.

2. At startup all of the applications were are set to run at startup are fighting for Memory so they can load, if you have lots of programs getting loaded at startup then it will be slow.

3. When was the last time you defragged the Hard Drive, is there a lot of space left on it.

Hope this helps.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I used Kaspersky security suite for a months trial but it slowed my system right up, far more than Zonealarm security suite ever did..

Am using Avast 4.8 free Antivirus at the moment and to be honest I don't know its there, very easy on the resources..

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Hi,

It might not be conflicting with anything, Kaspersky is well known for hogging resources.

It is more than likely running slowly because;

1. You don't have a lot of RAM (Memory) Kaspersky needs a fair bit and so do other applications, anything less than 1GB running XP or Vista and it will be slow.

2. At startup all of the applications were are set to run at startup are fighting for Memory so they can load, if you have lots of programs getting loaded at startup then it will be slow.

3. When was the last time you defragged the Hard Drive, is there a lot of space left on it.

Hope this helps.
I have 2GB of RAM and I have heard that kaspersky takes only 25mb of ram I have only very few applications in startup and my computer works perfectly fine after kaspersky loads taking 2 minutes to do that I have heard that kaspersky takes 20-25 seconds to load can I reduce my 2 minutes to 25 seconds? I haven't defraged my harddrive I am going to do it now:)

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with Kaspersky taking a long time to load. I suggest you try and reinstall Kaspersky and see if that corrects the issue. Also have you disabled any unessercery services at start up go to run type in msconfig and then untick any services you dont want to run at start up.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Kaspersky doesn't slow down my system one bit. :)

Very happy with it. :thumb:

Ask a Question