K8VSE Delux or K8N-EE Deluxe ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
K8VSE Delux or K8N-E Deluxe ???

Hi guys I've just bought both boards . But which one do I sell and which one do I keep . :confused: :D :cool:

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Even Asus make ... err, hmmm, rubbish MBs :D

Take your pick ... you have the 'specs', I can't be bothered looking. ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Cor it's a good job they were cheap then .

:confused: They seem to me to be pretty similar . Was wondering which one had the better chipset for graphics and gaming ?

K8N-E Deluxe

CPU
- Socket 754 for AMD Athlon 64
- AMD64 architecture enables simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing
- Supports AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Technology

Chipset
- NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb

<LI>Asus K8V SE VIA K8T800 Socket 754 ATX Motherboard

General Features:
VIA K8T800 chipset
VIA VT8237 chipset

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys .

Was going to take the K8V SE Deluxe as its the more expensive board . It's got

1 Asus Wi-Fi slot and slightly faster overclocking
Overclock FeaturesAsus JumperFree Bios, Memory, RAM, AGP, CPU, NorthBridge Voltage Adjustable, Frequency Selection from 200MHz to 300MHz in 1MHz Increments
AudioADI AD1980 6 Channel, SPDIF Out

compared to the K8N-E Deluxe's AI Overclocking
- ASUS JumperFree
- CPU, Memory, and AGP voltage adjustable
- SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) from 200MHz up to 250MHz at 1MHz increment
- Adjustable FSB/DDR ratio. Fixed AGP/PCI frequencies.
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall

AI Audio
- Realtek ALC850
- 8-channel CODEC
- Audio Sensing and Enumeration Technology
- Coaxial/Optical S/PDIF out ports on back I/O

Still I'm not realy interested in wireless and it looks like the K8N's audio may be a shade better and as I'm an overclocking novice the 50MHz difference isn't so important to me either .
Looks like I'll take your advice and go for the K8N-E with the nVidia chip .
I've got 2Gb of DDR 400 memory ordered . Along with a Arctic Cooling T1 Silentium Silent case , 350W Seasonic Silent PSU .

Looking for a cpu to go with the above and could stretch to a ,
Athlon 64 3700+ (Socket754)

and am also looking at the

Athlon 64 3400+ (Socket754) and the Sempron 3400+ 64bit(rev.E6) (Socket754)

Came across a good comparison review where the Semperon overclocked (not to its limit) performed slightly better overall than the 64 3400+ . Your thoughts on this would be appreciated .

For graphics I read the review here and am trying to decide between
OEM ATI Built 9800 Pro 128MB or a Refurbished ATI Built 9800 Pro 256 Mb or to get me started a Refurbished ATI Built 9800 SE 128Mb .

:D :cool: Looks like I'm going to have to save up a bit more loot but I may yet end up with a fairly decent pc :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well the board was £32(Bgrade):eek: , case £39(Bgrade) :eek: , memory £83(new) :eek: and I could get a cpu for £40 and a Graphics card for £35 and I'd have a system thats millions of times better than the present one . If I got the best cpu and the 9800 graphics card then I'd probably keep the pc till it wore out and be realy happy with it . :D You can't spend too much money on one toy when your living on a disability allowance you know :p There are othere things in life besides pc's :rolleyes: Hard to think what they are just now though . :D :cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Well the board was £32(Bgrade):eek: , case £39(Bgrade) :eek: , memory £83(new) :eek: and I could get a cpu for £40 and a Graphics card for £35 and I'd have a system thats millions of times better than the present one . If I got the best cpu and the 9800 graphics card then I'd probably keep the pc till it wore out and be realy happy with it . :D You can't spend too much money on one toy when your living on a disability allowance you know :p There are othere things in life besides pc's :rolleyes: Hard to think what they are just now though . :D :cool:
Yo can find the same "prices" for 939 pin with SLi and give yourself even more future-proofing ... and I know what it's like money-wise these days as I'm on incapacity, what they give you with one hand they take with the other. ;)

Start a new thread, ask the lads here to find you a 939 system for under £300, it can be done, I have one ... :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ta .I'll maybees do that . Liked the Asus bios stuff though , Cool and Quiet , Ezee Flash , Instant Music , My Logo (I'm a frill seeker) . Just for now I''ll get me first build completed , Atholon XP .
So how much do you think I'll get for me Asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo ,see me new thread . :D

Ask a Question