jv16 PowerTools

Ellen

Hi All,

First of all: Happy New Year!!

I was advised to use jv16 PowerTools
(http://www.georgedillon.com/web/freeware/jv16.shtml)
by Mike, one of the Mpv's in the one of the Microsoft Newsgroup's (I forgot
which one), about a
year ago.

Some Key features of this package are:
Finally remove software you thought you had removed ages ago
Clean your computer's registry for optimal performance and stability
Fix many registry based problems with a single mouse click
Find and remove unneeded files which are only wasting your hard-disk space
Monitor what goes on inside your computer
Multi-lingual user interface, you can use the program in all the major
languages
Very extensive and easy to follow documentation
Automatic backup and safety features help you to use the program as risk
free as possible!

This tool was freeware and has become shareware about 6-7 months ago. I
like the tool, although I did only use the options I understood and felt
'save' with, to be honest.

I was able to use the old release fine but today I needed it for something
and I was told by the program I am running an old version and need to visit:
http://www.jv16.org/ so they are forcing me to upgrade or search for a
different freeware tool. I am going to use for the last option and I was
wondering if anybody has any advice in this matter what to use instead!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Ellen

Ian & Lorraine

Ellen said:
[...]

This topic is currently being discussed in the newsgroup alt.comp.freeware.
You may want to have a look in that group. Apparently, version 1.3 has a
built-in expiry date, leading users to upgrade to the new shareware version.
The previous version does not have this built-in expiry, however. I provide
this link to you courtesy of a poster in the alt.comp.freeware group, to a
non-expiring version:
ftp://ftp.fh-niederrhein.de/pub/win9x/utils/jv16pt_setup.exe

HTH,
Ian.

Ellen

Dear Ian,

thanks for pointing out the newsgroup alt.comp.freeware to me. I am
interested in following the discussion about an alternative for this tool.
And thanks for providing me the link to the earlier release it indeed is
working as mentioned by others, for the time being.

Best regards,
Ellen

S.Sengupta

Hi,
there is another great Freeware-RegScrubXP.It is designed to delete
unnecessary information from the System Registry of XP/NT2000 operating
systems. This 'junk' is often left behind when programs are uninstalled,
and the information is not needed anymore. Programmers mistakenly load
the Registry with junk as well. The result of cleaning out the junk is a
smaller, faster Registry.
RegScrubXP is absolutely free, no strings attached!
http://downloads.planetmirror.com/pub/majorgeeks/registry/regscrubxpsetup_3.2.exe
regards,
ssg MS-MVP

This topic is currently being discussed in the newsgroup alt.comp.freeware.
You may want to have a look in that group. Apparently, version 1.3 has a
built-in expiry date, leading users to upgrade to the new shareware version.
The previous version does not have this built-in expiry, however. I provide
this link to you courtesy of a poster in the alt.comp.freeware group, to a
non-expiring version:
ftp://ftp.fh- niederrhein.de/pub/win9x/utils/jv16pt_setup.exe

HTH,
Ian.

.Thanx for the heads up after reading this post I too
found that my jv16 quit working as well