Just a quick hello ... ...

Reaction score
... ... to everybody here.

I've been interested in computers for years now, particularly databases, and for some time was recognised as the 'office guru' on such things - but I'm afraid I slipped behind over the years, particularly since Windows 2000, and these days am much more likely to be seeking technical help than giving it.

Started around 1981 with a Tandy 1 (i.e., pre 'IBM Compatible'), moved to a Tandy 2 and Tandy 4, then got my first 286. These days have a Dell XPS running Vista Premium - I remember my 'mentor' (a previous boss) getting excited about getting a multiple (5.1/4") floppy drive setup ; I don't know what he would make of the current 1 Tb+ hard drives !

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Ray, welcome to the site :)

I was given a Tandy 2000 a long time back - that brings back some memories, I completely forgot about that PC!

Reaction score
Hey there.....
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Hi there man,
Tandy - showing your age there man. I'm sure you'll have more knowledge than you think.Welcome.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your greetings - as a Mod on another site I know what it is when a new person jojns a site and doesn't say who he is but just starts posting !

Yeah, Captain Zed - showing my age indeed ! The Tandy 1 was in 1982 but 10 years before that I actually worked a year at IBM Hursley (Winchester) where "the" computer was housed in a block the size an aircraft hangar (all right, maybe a little bit of an exaggeration) but if you were even allowed in the computer room you had to wear special overalls, headcover, shoe covers, the lot !! - although as a Clerical Assistant I didn't get anywhere near the actual machine or learn anything about its operation !

I gave away my old Tandy 4 about 10 years ago - still working (within its limited capabilities) and I regret letting it go, but I simply didn't have room.

Happ[y memories - but nostalgia is a thing of the past.

Don't think I ever had too many problems in running those old Tandys though !

Reaction score
Nostalgia - Leaving it in the past

I like that saying Ray,it's cool. Would you believe i had to disassemble my DJ rig today. I had it in my back room but i have gone cyber these days. I treated mesmelf to a Vinyl to USB turntable so i can turn all my tunes into cd's. That will be a lot of burning for god knows how long. Anyway i felt the heart strings going today as disconnected all the cables and jacks......ah well as ya say, nostalgia is a thing of the past. A long past i might add.
Thanks for replying.
icon6.gif
Zzzzz

Ask a Question