JPEGCrops alternative?

Ian Edmont

Hi,

Trying to download a copy of JPEGCrops (lost my copy) from
http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/ and it seems the web site has been down
for quite a while now.

Does anyone know of an alternative that can do what JPEGCrops can do?

For those who have'nt come across this program before, it's very good!

Description from http://www.webgrid.co.uk ....

JPEGCrops is a Windows program, created for preparation of multiple images
for printing. It provides lossless cropping with fixed aspects using
JPEGTran.
Why use it?
Most digital cameras produce JPEGs with the aspect 4:3. A very common
papersize for photo albums is 4"x6" (10x15cm), which has the aspect 3:2. If
you want to print, you often need to crop.
If you need to crop 50 images, it can be very time-consuming in dedicated
image editors like PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro. JPEGCrops isn't a real image
editor: It just rotates and crops. But it's fast and it's free.

Many thanks.

Ian Edmont.

Susan Bugher

Ian said:
Trying to download a copy of JPEGCrops (lost my copy) from
http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/ and it seems the web site has been down
for quite a while now.

Try here:

Program: jpegcrop
Author: (Guido Vollbeding)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.jpegclub.org/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Thore

Hi,

Trying to download a copy of JPEGCrops (lost my copy) from
http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/ and it seems the web site has been down
for quite a while now.
It's up and running right now, but if you have problems with the
website, just shout, and I can mail it to you...

Happy new year to all...

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Thore Sorensen - DK2700 Brønshøj / DK2620 Albertslund

(Erstat evt. AT med @ i mailadressen hvis du mailer direkte)
Min hobbyside: www.RacePhoto.dk

Ian Edmont

Thore said:
It's up and running right now, but if you have problems with the
website, just shout, and I can mail it to you...

Happy new year to all...

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Thore Sorensen - DK2700 Brønshøj / DK2620 Albertslund

(Erstat evt. AT med @ i mailadressen hvis du mailer direkte)
Min hobbyside: www.RacePhoto.dk

Excellent. Thanks Thore. Downloaded no problem thanks.

Also, thanks to Susan and CoMa for the alternative recommendations.

Happy New Year to you all too ... Have a good one!

Ian Edmont.