JIT debugger

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here so I hope this is posted in the correct spot.

I have the following computer:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition (with Professional Ed loaded as well)
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Hewlett-Packard
Pavilion Intel (R)
Pentium(R) 4CPU 2.40GHz
2.40 GHz, 512MB of ram

I recently purchased HP Photosmart 8230 printer which I had problems installing and which was solved today by the retailer I purchased the printer from.

However, I've now got home and reset up my hard drive box (HP 724A - which I also took to the retailer so he could install the printer for me) and I've set up my printer but when I log onto my computer and click on the printer software icon on the desktop the following error message comes up:

hpqimzone.exe - Common Language runtime debugging services
application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id = Oxdf8 (3576), Thread id = O x168 (360).

Click OK to terminate the application

Click CANCEL to debug the application.

So I clicked CANCEL and then the following error message came up:

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of O x 2 (2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !aOxdf8

Click on RETRY to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.

Click on CANCEL to abort the JIT debug request.

would anyone know how to solve this problem.

thanking you in anticipation.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nomis said:
Try uninstalling the drivers & then re-installing them.
No, that won't help here ... the 'problem' is to do with .NET 1.1

You are either going to need to repair, install or 'fix' the .NET framework ... first, pop over to MS Update site and see if you have all the updates.

:thumb:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
No, that won't help here ... the 'problem' is to do with .NET 1.1

You are either going to need to repair, install or 'fix' the .NET framework ... first, pop over to MS Update site and see if you have all the updates.

:thumb:
Thank you nomis and muckshifter for responding so quickly to my post - much appreciated.

I've gone into MS and there was an update to be done for .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. I've updated that and restarted my computer but when I logged on the same error messages came up but now the id's have changed as follows:

Process Id = Oxd30 (3376)
Thread Id = Oxd34 (3380)

and then

cordbg.exe !aOxd30

what do you suggest I do? Just a little warning I'm a real computer novice so if possible I'd be grateful if you could speak in fairly simple computer terms.

thanking you once again.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have said there is also, usually, an update to the update ... just check again on the Windows Update that you have 'em all ... use the "Custom" button this time ... if there are anymore, then do it again until there are no updates available.

If that don't work then it's possible the there was some interference from the HP software ... this happened to Dell's a year or so back when .NET played havoc with their crap.

Now, having said that, it does look like your HP scanner software is not playing ball here ... it is showing in the process errors ... therefore you may well have to un-install the drivers.

Sad init, HP PC can't run an HP peripheral, and your "retailer" is err, not very good. ;)

Is this HP printer a scanner also, sorry, being lazy here can't be bothered to look. :)

Reaction score
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Muckshifter you've done it!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I had some hardware optional updates for download ie.

Conexant Systems, Inc. Modems - conexant HSF V92 56K PC 1 modem(update released 15 Jan 2004)

Nvidia Corporation -video - nvidia GeForce4 MX420 (update released 28 July 2003)

I suspect it was the Nvidia one because when I had my original problem before going back to the retailer I recall an error coming up which directed me to the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis website which then referred me to Nvidia Corporation but I couldn't update the driver from there as I kept getting all sorts of error messages.

I've got no more error messages when I log on :D and also when I click on the software icon that came with the printer no more error messages and I'm now able to get in and use the software.:)

Once again thank you for all your help and your prompt responses to me. I've been battling with installing the printer for 3 weeks now and my hubbie and toddler will be so glad "no more mad mummy" :wall:

I now know why your user name is muckshifter because you've certainly helped "shift" all my "muck" from my computer :bow: . You're a wonder and if I didn't live so far away in the "land down under" I'd give you a big hug and kiss.

Fancy it taking someone from the UK to fix my PC problems - thank God for the internet hey!!

Have great day and I'll be recommending this site to all my "novice" computer friends.

:wave:

muckshifter

Reaction score
You're welcome. :thumb:

Never knew you were from "down under" I thought you were just round the corner. :D

Enjoy your PC. :)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
You're welcome. :thumb:

Never knew you were from "down under" I thought you were just round the corner. :D

Enjoy your PC. :)
nah would be far too cold for me to live just around the corner from you.;) I love sunny Oz too much.

I'm am really enjoying the printer - yesterday I made 2 beautiful calendars with pics of my toddler on them for my mum and mother-in-law

thank you again

Ask a Question